Dive World Austin says they do not maintain rental equipment until it fails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

LOCAL DIVE SHOP (LDS)

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Wow, glad someone cleared this up. I thought the mormon church was providing scuba gear service.

*supposed to be sarcasm*

I personally don't see a leaking HP swivel in a non overhead environment as a threat, and it doesn't leak gas out very fast, its not going to end your dive in 5 minutes.

I've even gone into overheads with leaking SPG swivels, I know, I must be some kind of mad man right? no big deal I just went to my tool box after that dive and changed it out, there was no risk of it exploding and killing me in 45 seconds.

With that said I can agree that there should be no reason not to expect rental equipment to be well maintained.

But at the end of the day, when its all said and done and the reality of life kicks in, - it is rental equipment - I would be more shocked if it didn't suck.

This appears to be a pretty hot subject after going through this thread which kind of suprises me, most active divers own their own equipment for very good reason.

Would you buy a car that you knew had no brakes?

Brakes??? Who needs brakes??? Haven't you guys seen Talladega Nights? In the immortal words of Ricky Bobby, "I just wanna go fast!" That movie proved tigers make great driving instructors. I wonder if you put a mask and some fins on them if they would make diving more competitive?? :D

With experience it is easy to tell if a tank is full or empty by lifting it up, that four pounds/ 2 kg of air is easily noticeable when you handle dozens a day

Did you watch the entire video? Obviously not... :rofl3:

Because they cut TWO regulator hoses. not one. First they cut a HP hose, which took forever to drain, then came back and cut the LP hose.

the LP hose is what took two minutes to drain. Rapix post with the video link was referring to the HP hose swivel. In the video the HP hose still hadn't drained out in 15 minutes.

oh... here's the video on how to do that... :rofl3:

[youtubehq]WbOXM8cPFEM[/youtubehq]

:D hey I did not know. I thought we were talking about some sort of Mormon diving club or something haha

Don't worry about it. It's an expression only used in the USA. I had never heard of it before I saw it here, and I had to have it explained. It's really a product of suburban living to think that there IS a LDS wherever you live.

Don't worry about it. It's an expression only used in the USA. I had never heard of it before I saw it here, and I had to have it explained. It's really a product of suburban living to think that there IS a LDS wherever you live.

That's not really true. An LDS can be located 3 to 6 hours away - and it could still be your LDS if it's the LDS that you use.

I just tried to send Dive World an Email at info@diveworldaustin.com to inform them of this thread.
It bounced back to me. Pretty funny.

I had an issue with Dive World a few years ago. Tried Emailing them at the time but never heard back. Have not been there since.

Maybe we should try a carrier pigeon. :D

Thanks Ian,

They really should be given the opportunity to respond to the allegation Tholden1 has made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom