Dive watch? I like this one....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep blue makes a very similar watch, for a fair amount less.

I have the 1000 meter on and it is a tank (for half the price)

Deep Blue Men's Sea Diver 1000 Meter Stainless Steel Watch ShopNBC.com

However, mostly I now am wearing the invicta with the tritium tubes.

Check out these!

Welcome to HELSON Watch Company

They have gotten great reviews.

The HELSON Shark Diver Edition II is a professional divers tool watch:
2000 m water resistance, antimagnetic, automatic helium escape valve,
a 4 mm thick sapphire crystal with inside AR coating. Comes with a 24 mm mesh bracelet with removable screwed end links / double locking clasp.
Available in different colours and either ETA or MIYOTA movements.

Which Invicta?

This one:

Invicta Men's Grand Diver Luminary Swiss Quartz Chronograph Titanium Bracelet Watch ShopNBC.com

I sort of judge watches by:

1. How water resistant (this one is 300 meters, not the best, but more than reasonable).

2. Sapphire crystal (this is coated.. with mineral underneath, which is actually better)

3. Either is a very smooth, easy to fit a wetsuit over, or has an adjustable band. This is the nicest band/case I have ever worn...and I have a lot of watches.

4. Construction... band uses very well designed and large pins.

5. Lumination. Deep blue is the best of the regular stuff, makes most other watches seem bad... but this watch and the Ball ones are amazing at night.

This whole watch thread,
I gotta ask, does anybody dive with a Rolex anymore?
What's the cheapest Rolex dive watch go for? I think it's the submariner?

Around $5k.

I'm the only diver where I work, and the only guy who doesn't wear a Rolex Submariner.

Luminox for the win.

You can get a no-date Submariner for around $3K.

Rolex is a really lovely made watch... modified 2824 movement (soon to be made in their own facility), nice case, Sapphire crystal, and really good paint on the bezel. Only problem is that is not worth thousands, particularly right now, when the watch market is way down.

There are several almost identical watches that are made with almost identical parts for a whole lot less.

Invicta has a reserve line made by the swiss with the same basic movement, but I happen to like this one:

Debaufre red red Ocean-1 watch.

Of course, a real diver would actually get this one from them:

Debaufre Triton 2000 meter diver

Ok, I actually like the look of this one a bit better (just me):

http://www.shopnbc.com/Deep_Blue_Men_s_Master_2000_Diver_Automatic_Bracelet_Watch_w_Travel_Case/J178197.aspx?storeid=1&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N&prop=Watches|229&prop=Deep Blue|2230

Of course, for those that can live with the excellent Japanese movement, and "only" 1,000 meter water resistance.. they make this one:

http://www.shopnbc.com/Deep_Blue_Men_s_Sea_Diver_1000_Meter_Stainless_Steel_Watch/J178060.aspx?storeid=1&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N&prop=Watches|229&prop=Deep Blue|2230

I don't know... given the choice over a rolex or one of the above, I would pick any of them over the rather over priced rolex. (although they do have great commercials).

Back
Top Bottom