Dive watch help anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasurf1990

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi there i just got this awesome citizen ecodrive professional diving watch and im so stoked, but i realized that theres is a high probablitity of hitting it on something hard, like a tank when im diving. I was wondering if anyone knew of any watch face protectors for a 35mm mineral face that could protect my watch really well? thanks alot, here's the watch , thanks!:dork2:

I have one too but haven't had a problem. It would be nice if it came with a sapphire crystal like my other watch has.

My buddy is making his out of the clear shield material they use on cars made by companies like 3m. You may want to look into it. It is very clear, sticks easily and protects great.

My previous main dive watch, from swiss army, was only mineral crystal as well. I did manage to get a scratch on it, but it's fine other than that, and you can't see the scratch underwater. I'm not going deep enough for the scratch to really matter to the overall strength so I'm not worried.

My citizen aqualand has remained scratch-free so far, but if I end up with a scratch, I'll chalk it up to being well-loved. :wink:

I agree it would be nice if more reasonably-priced watches used sapphire crystals, however.

hi there i just got this awesome citizen ecodrive professional diving watch and im so stoked, but i realized that theres is a high probablitity of hitting it on something hard, like a tank when im diving. I was wondering if anyone knew of any watch face protectors for a 35mm mineral face that could protect my watch really well? thanks alot, here's the watch , thanks!:dork2:

You might try invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield and see if they have something. I have used the 'invisibleshield' products for all of my electronics for screen protection and will never buy a new gadget without protecting it with one of these films. PDA - GPS - Cell Phones, etc.

BnB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom