Question Has anyone here used the Suunto “Faulty Dive Computer” settlement?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deejais

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My usually reliable Suunto D4i now just shows “HWERR:009” on the display, and neither a fresh battery nor a hard restart resolves it.
I just read about Suunto’s class-action settlement to either repair or replace models with this error code, and my watch is eligible. Suunto sent me a mailing label and I’m sending it off this weekend.
Has anyone else here gone through this process before? Just wondering what turnaround time I can expect and how smooth the process was. Thanks.

Here’s the settlement details: USA Suunto Dive Settlement Information

I had a Cobra 2 with a faulty depth sensor. It seemed to qualify and they sent me a label and RMA form. I was excited with the prospect of ditching the thing. After I mailed it I read the fine print, seems I missed the part about original purchase date. My computer was older than allowed according to the printed dates. A few days later I got a notice of a return shipment. When I got the package inside was a new computer. I was more than pleasantly surprised, both in the speed and ease of the whole process and with the new computer. I promptly sold it on eBay and went with a different manufacture. I hope your experience matches mine.

I used it a few times. SUUNTO has/had a web page for checking and submission. It was pretty easy to do. Turnaround was about a month.

I am not sure how fast you will get a new computer back from Suunto at this point. When I was dealing with Huish for the Cobalt trade in program, Huish told me that Suuntos were on back order. They were not expecting Suunto computers for a while, due to the production plant being in Ukraine. Hopefully you have a quicker turnaround dealing directly with Suunto. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom