Dive Watch Battery Replacement - Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nescubasteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Noticed Thursday evening that my Citizen Aqualand dive watch is indicating low battery. Leaving for Maui in six (6!) days. Anyone know any places on Maui that can replace batteries on Citizen dive watches?

Any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

I used to have mine changed at a shop at the Ka'ahumanu Mall, under the escalators near the main atrium. Last time I was over there I noticed that the shop is no longer in that spot. I don't know if they've relocated or gone out of business. Maybe you could contact Citizen or go to their website for a dealer directory. Good luck and see you soon!

Thanks Doug. When I checked the website earlier, all I found was a service facility in Honolulu that will no longer be in business after March 16, 2007.

After searching thru other posts, it looks like many (most?) folks may actually send their's in to Citizen to have the battery changed. Believe it or not, there are no places here in Nebraska that I could find that would change the battery and give me ANY kind of assurances that the watch would remain waterproof. At the last place, I told them I had a dive watch that I needed the battery changed. They then asked me if I actually intended to use the watch while scuba diving...

Well, I am still bringing the watch because there is still enough juice in the battery to tell time. The bummer part is that because the watch saves a dive log, I really enjoy looking back on the dives later (like say when I am in the middle of several feet of snow and below zero weather...)

Thanks again Doug. See you in a few days!
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom