Dive trip report Coral Princess

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We went to Coz (first timers) for two weeks. Loved it! We stayed at the Coral Princess in a one bedroom, loved that too. We spent most of our time snorkeling, sunning, meeting new people, walking around and figuring out where to eat next. My favourite eateries were Casa Missione, La Choza, Espesias and Pancho’s Backyard. We also ate at Pepe’s Grill and were really disappointed. The restaurant at Coral Princess had great breakfasts and some good lunches too. I’ve discovered I really like Mojitos, Sangria and fish tacos with fresh guac and pico de gallo.

The diving… what can I say, I am in love. My favourite sites were Palancar Cueves and Palancar Gardens. I was floored by the huge coral formations lushly coating every possible surface and all the beautiful fish. My only disappointment was that my camera was having fits and not working part of the time. Oh, and I missed the dive where everyone saw a DOLPHIN underwater, and then saw an eagle ray. I also dove Barracuda, Tunich, Tormentos, the Wreck (can’t remember the name), Chankanaab (awful vis), Cedral, and lots of shore dives from the Coral Princess. I saw lots of turtles, beautiful coral, eels galore and a couple Splendid Toadfish, and lots of rays (but not an eagle ray). The vis was fantastic most of the time, 100 ft plus.

I used Pepe Scuba located in the Coral Princess, I was happy with their location, fast boats, equipment, DMs, Captains and the fact that they had two boats, one for the nubies and one for experienced divers. I got lucky and the people I was diving with were very experienced so we got to go to great sites. I didn’t dive the day they went to Punta Sur (Devil’s throat). I was diving my Suunto Vyper that is very conservative and it was very annoying to come up with lots of gas, it doesn’t give credit for deep stops. There weren’t enough people for a night dive ever, I put my name on the list right away but couldn’t get enough people to commit to a night dive.

My non-diving hubby even loved Coz, he snorkeled almost everyday and really enjoyed the food. I am already trying to figure out how to get back to Cozumel. Thanks to everyone on this board for all the great info.

CoralPrincess2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Glad you had fun. A couple nights I could not get my op to get enough to night dive so I phoned around and found two ops going out so I used them. Nice to know your experience there will lead you back. kev

trying to post photos

Cozumelmxsmall7.jpg
[/IMG]

Cozumelmxsmall1.jpg
[/IMG]

Cozumelmxsmall2.jpg
[/IMG]

Cozumelmxsmall5.jpg
[/IMG]

Cozumelmxsmall4.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice photos, great color.

downtown pier

boat_sunset_coz_small.jpg

Great pic of the Splendid Toadfish. When I was in Coz last year, whenever anyone in my dive group spotted one he would slide back under the rock by the time I showed up, never saw one.

Back
Top Bottom