Dive Travel Poll

When will you start traveling to go diving?

• Within the next six months.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • 6 months - 1 year

Votes: 57 37.7%
  • Beyond 1 year

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're using Belgium as an example of how deadly covid-19 is, you should take a look at Singapore as a comparison.
Belgium's population is 11 million, with 53,449 covid-19 infections & 8707 deaths at present

Singapore's population is 5.6 million, with 23,336 covid-19 infections & 21 deaths at present.

Singapore is half of Belgium's population, & has roughly half of it's covid-19 infection numbers.
If you were to halve Belgium's infections it would be 26,725 & halve it's deaths would be 4354

By pointing out Belgium's covid-19 figures, it is saying that it's more than 200 times deadlier to be infected with covid-19 in Belgium than it is in Singapore! How do they tally such high numbers?! Do they also count Papa Smurf as deceased, just because he is an elderly Belgian citizen??! Only 21 covid-19 deaths in Singapore!

I call BS on Belgium government's covid-19 statistics. And if anybody wants to doubt Singapore's statistics or government, plis reply
I did not want to compare at all. The only number which tells something is excess mortality rate. And this we only really know after a longer period. Further, Singapore started with an extreme tight lockdown. And people really stuck to the rules. They never had the habit of getting very close to other people. Not much kissing or shaking hands here. They were prepared to do lots of testing and contact tracing. (And they "overlooked" the immigrant workers, living in very different conditions). The level of healthcare is pretty amazing. But indeed the numbers are there and I cannot explain them. But I see that only one month ago that had 10% of the number of cases they have now. It takes time to get really sick and die (about 1 month or more). Let's hope that the deathtoll not goes up ten times as well.

Italy looks to reopen borders next month

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte outlined the loosening of movement restrictions on Saturday.
But all travel curbs will be lifted from June 3 and travellers from European Union countries will be able to enter without going into quarantine, offering some hope ahead of the summer to the vital tourism sector.

Conte said the decision to lift curbs was a "calculated risk" but added: "We're facing this risk and we have to accept it because otherwise we will never get started again."

Italy is opening it's borders in 2 weeks time. It's a positive sign that things are returning to normal, sooner than all the doom & gloom forecasts.

DIVE TRAVEL,...HERE WE COME!!!

I guess it depends on where you want to dive.
https://www.9news.com.au/bali
Bali news headlines - 9News

Yes indeed. Bali is my number 1 choice for diving, especially in October

I hope Italy's decision to open up alleviates a lot of fear & paranoia in the world

I hear Bali wants to open up to international travellers from certain countries like China first

Too many people in Bali suffering at the moment. Millions out of work & income for months already. Some stranded international tourists have even resorted to stealing food. Desperation in Indonesia at the moment

I don't want to get too political because I want to answer the topic of this thread. I live in Oregon, USA, and I am certainly not proud to be an American right now because of the reckless behavior of people in public, i.e., not wearing masks. We have a really lame president who has shown poor leadership. We're all starting to feel the pressure of unemployment, emotional stress, and feeling like prisoners in our own homes.

Having lived with this new reality for three months now, I would take a dive trip today if my destination was fully functioning and staffed appropriately. Three months ago, I would have said no way. I lost three dive trips this year, and my next one is scheduled to Belize in January 2021 with my fellow Scubaboard members. I'm crossing my fingers that in 8 months Belize will be operational again. I really miss diving, but I can patiently wait until the world figures out how to deal with the virus.

Because of the bad behavior of a bunch of live-aboard companies, including my own experience, I will never book a year or two in advance on a live-aboard again. I'll just book the trip, say, within 60-90 days of sailing. For now, I would limit my international travel to distant destinations that require multiple stops and many hours on a plane.

I have been able to avoid COVID-19 and remain well and healthy, and I'm following all the local guidelines for public safety, but life is too short to live in this bubble long term.

Yes indeed. Bali is my number 1 choice for diving, especially in October

I hope Italy's decision to open up alleviates a lot of fear & paranoia in the world

I hear Bali wants to open up to international travellers from certain countries like China first

Too many people in Bali suffering at the moment. Millions out of work & income for months already. Some stranded international tourists have even resorted to stealing food. Desperation in Indonesia at the moment

Chinese Tourists Could Return To Bali June 15th - The Bali Sun

I don't want to get too political because I want to answer the topic of this thread. I live in Oregon, USA, and I am certainly not proud to be an American right now because of the reckless behavior of people in public, i.e., not wearing masks. We have a really lame president who has shown poor leadership. We're all starting to feel the pressure of unemployment, emotional stress, and feeling like prisoners in our own homes.

Having lived with this new reality for three months now, I would take a dive trip today if my destination was fully functioning and staffed appropriately. Three months ago, I would have said no way. I lost three dive trips this year, and my next one is scheduled to Belize in January 2021 with my fellow Scubaboard members. I'm crossing my fingers that in 8 months Belize will be operational again. I really miss diving, but I can patiently wait until the world figures out how to deal with the virus.

Because of the bad behavior of a bunch of live-aboard companies, including my own experience, I will never book a year or two in advance on a live-aboard again. I'll just book the trip, say, within 60-90 days of sailing. For now, I would limit my international travel to distant destinations that require multiple stops and many hours on a plane.

I have been able to avoid COVID-19 and remain well and healthy, and I'm following all the local guidelines for public safety, but life is too short to live in this bubble long term.

Around 90% of all my trips, including to Italy, Brazil, Komodo, Raja Ampat and many other countries so forth, have been made within 24 hours of me deciding to go, and buying tickets to go. I've never been one to plan my trips so far in advanced

I don't think your post is political, but I think covid 19 is political. What's interesting is what you see as reckless behaviour in America i.e. not wearing masks, here in Australia or other developed countries it isn't mandatory or being pushed by the government. >95% people I see in Australia don't wear a mask.
But I 100% believe that the effective policing of wearing suitable masks as a measured control to the actual danger level of the covid 19 corona virus cold, would have been a better solution than locking down the world. But what's done is done, and I can only see restrictions being lifted from here on now

The only three places, china excluded, that more or less everyone is wearing a mask has the lowest infection numbers.
Hong Kong, Macau and Republic of China(Taiwan).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom