Dive/Travel insurance for multiple International dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked into DiveAssure to insure one trip. It was going to be about $1,700 for two of us.

So I just renewed my DAN membership for about $120 and got a similar policy with the DAN insurance.
I am amazed.. just recently renewed my annual diveassure, cant remember exactly but i think about 550 for the year... 1700, one trip, something wrong ...

I looked into DiveAssure to insure one trip. It was going to be about $1,700 for two of us.

So I just renewed my DAN membership for about $120 and got a similar policy with the DAN insurance.
Age may be a factor in the premium with DiveAssure.

I usually buy secondary coverage and not primary because of the cost. That just means other insurance kicks in first and they pick up what’s left. If you don’t have anything else then that’s them. I have not had an issue with claims doing this. I’m sure the rate is also dependent on age.

I’m under 40 and to insure a $10K trip for 5 weeks it’s about $500 for secondary coverage at deluxe with liveaboard rider.

I am amazed.. just recently renewed my annual diveassure, cant remember exactly but i think about 550 for the year... 1700, one trip, something wrong ...
Yeah, the something wrong is DiveAssure

Age may be a factor in the premium with DiveAssure.
Is there a combination of age and activity that would render one medically “uninsurable” for travel purposes?

Is there a combination of age and activity that would render one medically “uninsurable” for travel purposes?
I was speaking only from my personal experience, being quoted increasingly more for my trips over the years. Sure, it could be inflation--I don't know. One way to find out might be to play around with inputting different ages for the same trip and see what quotes it generates.

Back
Top Bottom