Dive/Travel insurance for multiple International dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrandWazoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone,

I will be doing multiple International dive trip this winter and trying to figure out the best option for insurance to cover everything. For every flight booked you are prompted to buy the insurance, which would make sense for an individual trip, however my itinerary is this: Playa del Carmen and Cozumel in December, back to the US for the Holidays and then Thailand in January & part of February, I will then make my way to West Papua to do a liveaboard and a resort in Raja Ampat.
Does it make sense to buy the insurance for each flight, there will be many, or to find a comprehensive package for both the travel insurance and dive insurance, because on top of the travel insurance I am required to have the dive insurance as well.

I am sure that someone on this board has experience with this, so any advice is appreciated.

Dive accident insurance, such as the plans offered by DAN, are on a yearly basis. You would only need to purchase one plan with international coverage, for all of those trips.

I can't comment on travel insurance as I've never purchased it before. I'd recommend speaking with an agent to see if you can group all the trips into one big vacation, from an insurance standpoint.

Yearly travel insurance has low limits on what they pay. You cannot insure for the cost of the trip (unless a very cheap trip).
We use DAN for diving insurance. Everything else we buy a yearly international medical travel plan. This is for Primary medical insurance, any country, very high limits. Also has some payouts for missed connections, ect.

Check into DiveAssure. I believe they have plans for specific trips and also multi-trip insurance and live aboard riders. I've only used them once but I know other divers who use them for all their trips.

- brett

I have/had DAN travel and dive insurance. Like the above posters say, it's a yearly fee and you're covered on every trip.

Are you required to have "dive insurance" or "medical insurance that covers diving"?

Since we make multiple trips each year, we use annual trip insurance that covers diving. It includes travel medical, trip interruption and trip cancellation all in the same policy.

We have never had an issue with LOBs wanting specific dive insurance as our policy provides more coverage than Dan Dive insurance.

Are you required to have "dive insurance" or "medical insurance that covers diving"?

Since we make multiple trips each year, we use annual trip insurance that covers diving. It includes travel medical, trip interruption and trip cancellation all in the same policy.

We have never had an issue with LOBs wanting specific dive insurance as our policy provides more coverage than Dan Dive insurance.
yeah if the insurance covers diving there's probably no issue. unless the place is a huge stickler

DAN + annual travel insurance( the amount covers is far more critical than the premium).
That's it. DAN (and I'm sure others) also offer annual travel insurance plans that would cover multiple trips.

That's it. DAN (and I'm sure others) also offer annual travel insurance plans that would cover multiple trips.
DAN diving insurance + annual travel insurance issued by other broker. I have noticed DAN diving insurance(Asiapacific) does not cover as comprehensive as others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom