Dive Training at Panama City Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlabamaExile

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am headed down to PCB in the second week of June on a family trip and I am considering letting my youngest (a relatively mature 12 year old) get certified while we are there. From looking at some of the dive operations in the area, it appears that you can do the classwork online and then take care of the pool work and open water dives while you are there. Due to his age and the fact that we will only be there one week, I assume that we are probably going to need to book a private class. With all of this said, are there any dive operations in PCB that you would recommend (or avoid) for this type of training? Also, how is PCB for doing open water checkout dives for a young diver? Never having dived there I don't know how the conditions would be for a young kid. I know we could drive up to Vortex for the checkout, but I would prefer to avoid this if possible. I truly appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Alabama,

Like Wayword Son says, Panama City Dive Charters is the greatest place for diveinstruction. Their instructors are top notch and have a ton of experience inthe area.

As for diving here in PCB, in one word it’s fantastic! The jetties in St.Andrews State Park (located near PCDC shop) are a great training site. I knowfrom being an instructor here in PCB, I much rather dive at the jetties than goup to Morrison Springs or Vortex, but it's all based on tide and weatherconditions.

I would highly recommend a private class for your son. Your son will get moreone on one attention and I think it would be a more pleasurable experience overall.

Anyhoo, that's my .02 cents.

Cheers,
Capt. Brandon

Back
Top Bottom