Dive torch help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totterfield

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, i`m looking to buy a primary torch to use in the uk, not really for night diving, mainly day, but does get quite dark in uk. Anyway, i want a rechargable torch with a max budget of Ž£100, i know i`m not going to get the best torch on the market for that. i`ve been looking at the darkbuter jnr, 12W HID, are these bulbs v expensuve to replace?
also been looving at beaver mini nova. i`d really like a powerful LED torch but don`t think my budget will get me a decent one. Any input would be great, and any advice about HID torches would be gtrea, avoid or are they great?
Thanks

IMO you better save some more money and get a good light.

Take a look at the new UK lights,like the aquasun or the lightcannon 100.
Or the new eLed plus.Great lights for a good price.
Don't know if you can get them but these lights Bigblue Home are great as well.

Thanks for your input on that, i don`t fancy shelling out a load of money on a torch though, i`m a bit limited on how much i can spend because of funds.
I don`t see the difference between the uk light cannon and the darkbuster, the darkbuster even has a more powerful lightbulb?
also how much are replacement HID bulbs?
Thanks

HID bulbs usualy go for around 100$ BUT they have a LOOOONG burntime.:D

, the darkbuster even has a more powerful lightbulb?
Thanks

The Darkbuster 24 watt HID is the brightest light underwater for less than $400.00 and possibly the brightest for less than $1000.00.

1750 Lumens. Lithium Ion battery (rechargeable), 3 hrs burn time. Incredible light.

I've had mine for over a year, and nothing cuts the murk in 15 foot vis shipwrecks like this, until you spend over $1500.00

Not a canister, but I'm happy saving over a grand not to have canister, and making my own goodman handle for it.

Back
Top Bottom