dive to 300 ft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then listen to the answers and stop proposing all kinds of rubbish.

Last edited:

:confused:

I didn't see Slamfire propose anything ... I saw him ask a question. Well ... to be precise ... two questions.

That's an appropriate use of this forum for those who are seeking DIR answers, which he clearly was doing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

9. Post # 70 - I said, "Also note that at no time am I even trying to give advice to other people."​

What, do you think, is the purpose of starting my contributions in this forum by saying, "I'm not DIR trained"? I would have thought, or at least hoped, that it would clarify that my intent in getting involved in the conversation is not to start "proposing all kinds of rubbish". I do not agree with all things DIR, yet I recognize there are good insights to be gathered if you're willing to listen with an open mind. When I interact here, or anywhere, I try to do it in a respectful way that will yield positive insights for me and other readers. I have no time or inclination to engage in petty bickering with people I will most likely never meet in real life.

I grow tired of trying to spell out and explain my every interaction in this thread to you. It is a time consuming courtesy that benefits almost nobody, except maybe you. It pollutes this thread and distracts attention away from the main discussion points. I think it's high time for us, you and I, to cease and desist this line of communication.

Either way make sure that you have enough back-gas to deal with a loss of that deep deco gas. You will find that it doesn't take much deco to drain that 21/35 bottle and you'll need to think about what to do if you have an issue with that bottle.

Yup, it's definitely D18s + bottom stage territory most of the time. We're also limited by runtime to somewhere around 90 to maybe 120min, which translates to not very long bottom times. If the surface visibility drops due to weather during the dive, we're in trouble as most of the good stuff is smack in the middle of really busy shipping lanes. We can make the tankers and cruise ships change course as long as we can spot them early enough, if we have no visual or radar visibility it gets quickly way too exciting. :D

You should visit Finland again soon, there's plenty of pretty amazing new wrecks available for diving. :eyebrow:

//LN

Desisting.

Last edited:

I didn't see Slamfire propose anything ... I saw him ask a question. Well ... to be precise ... two questions.
I, too, saw nothing wrong with his question. More importantly, I think that we are just having a problem with vocabulary. When he talked about holding one's breath in the beginning of the dive, what he clearly meant was "don't inhale while still shallow enough for the hypoxic mix to harm." It looked like a perfectly valid question to me, one worthy of a polite and informative response.

We had another vocabulary issue earlier in the thread. When people said they do not use travel gases on a 300 foot dive, what some meant was that they do not use gases ONLY used for travel on such a dive but instead use one of their deco gases for the first part of the descent. Others would say that they are using that gas both as a travel gas and as a deco gas. The actual practice is the same.

:spit:

form.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom