Dive spots at pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffhamm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I cant imagine that no one that frequents this site has a boat.

Why are all the dives that get mentioned here made from the 4 usual coves?

I know there was the dam dive a little while ago, but I cant imagine that there aren't any better dives at this lake if a guy had a boat!

So...... anybody have any other good dive locations at pleasant.. ???

Jeff

Oasis Divers has "boat diving" every month during the winter. More often during the summer. www.azdivers.com I think Elmar also books out the same boat. And, the boat is available for private charters.

We use the Diver Down II. There are about 20 different sites that the boat frequents.

Most of the shore diving is done from:

Marina Side:
Vista Point and the "Picnic Table".
Once in while, we will do the dam by the boat ramp. Lake really needs to be full to enter.

County Side:
Spillway (by the ten lane boat ramp)
Desert Tortoise Road and the corresponding peninsulas.
Scorpion Bay
Dirty Shirt

Visibility is averaging 20+ Feet; Water Temp is 54 degrees. We had eight

jcf

Full disclosure: I am a partner at Oasis Divers.

///

I have had my 16' boat on lake unpleasant once. Beat me to death out there. No plans to return.

I don't think any of the divers have boats. We have one, but it's not really suited to diving. And even if it was, I don't know how often I would take it out on the lake. I prefer driving up to a site and diving from shore. I don't think there's much different to see from boat other than the dam. If there is, let me know and I'll try to set up a trip.

They do. But there are no names for the sites...you just look at the fish finder and say..."hey that looks good" and you dive there. It all looks the same... at the lake.

Definately easier to drive up and dive.

The dam is cool though.

Karen

There are about 20 different dive sites that we go to on the boat. The Sherriff's Ramp, the Sherriff's Dock are two of the most popular (not too far from Dirty Shirt). The Old Dam is very popular to get deep. There is also a spot (a small sand bar) just north of the old dam that has excellent visibility and lots of marine life. One of my favorites is a small pinnacle called Harry's Hideaway (not too far from the altitude marker) that has a nice flat surface for OW students. Right now it is in about 30 feet of water with great visibility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom