Dive/Snorkel combos on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeRDar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Aloha everyone. My wife and I are taking my parents (not certified) to Maui for a quick 3 day getaway and I've got two questions I think the scubaboard pro's over there might be able to help with...

1. Are there any quality scuba & snorkel combo trips I should look into? My folks enjoy snorkeling but aren't certified. I definitely want to spend time in the water with them, but my wife and I would love to be able to dive as well. Suggestions? I'm imagining one of those snorkel catamarans or similar that also caters to divers. I'm not as interested in a full-fledged dive op that would let them tag-along. I want them to have an enjoyable experience first and foremost.

2. Does anyone have strong recomendations for a discover-scuba experience I might talk them into? Again, it would be my wife and I, frequent divers, with my parents, first time divers; so something we could both enjoy is the top priority.

Thanks ahead of time for suggestions. This is only our second trip over to Maui and the first one was short and all business so pretend we've never been there and tell us what you think. Mahalo!

then maybe you could skip the combo trip altogether:D

Brad, Blesi and the crew do an awesome job - and if your parents get the bug they could do multiple discover trips with them.
Just a suggestion, but the snorkel/scuba trips are generally not all that good for either.
Blesi's on the board frequently - pm her.
Or, go to the website Maui Hawaii Dive Boat and Scuba Training Center - B&B Scuba for contact info.

Tell 'em Divebri from Arizona sent you.

doing a discover scuba with B&B would be a great way to go if they have any interest in trying Scuba - The folks at B&B are very good with intro divers. Plus there may be an option to snorkel Molokini during the first dive - so they would get to do both. Worth calling them about :)

Aloha, Tim

The Maui Diamond II will take snorkelers, intro divers and certified divers alike. The divers will get to do a real dive site (as opposed to diving a snorkel site like happens on some of the larger boats here), and the snorkelers are supervised (usually in-water) by a DM (or higher) and helped with finding the cool stuff.

If you think an intro dive might be desired by one (or more) in your party, make sure you book that when you call... they stick to the PADI standard of no more than 4 intro divers per instructor, and sometimes those slots fill up.

Maui Scuba Tours - Maui Diamond II Boat Diving at Molokini and other Maui dive locations

Thanks all for the suggestions. Despite my assurances that snorkeling is like watching the big game from the blimp instead of the 50-yard line, my parents just aren't up for diving, so it looks like we'll be finding a dive/snorkel trip. Thanks again for the help, I knew I could count on SB pros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom