Dive sites near Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_mc

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I'm in Orlando (Disney area) for 9 nights and would like to dive somewhere without having to drive too far. The Keys is out of the question for a day trip but I've seen there are some springs/caverns around the Orlando area which look like they would be good to dive, I'm not cave trained however.

Can anyone recommend a some dive sites within a 1.5-2 hour radius from Orlando and also a dive shop that can set these dives up for me.

Thanks

you are about 2 hours from some of the best ocean diving around. Jupiter is awesome for diving and shark and turtle sightings are more than likely on a typical dive.

My favorite operators there are:
Capt Sl8r Charters Jupiter, FL Scuba Diving Charter
Stuart Scuba Stuart Scuba - Home

check these out...you won't be sorry. Let them know that Paul from Vero Beach Scuba Club told you about them.

For ocean diving, Jupiter is great: I also like Jupiter Dive Center.

Another option are the open water springs/caverns in Williston: Devil's Den and Blue Grotto. Both are fun to do once or twice.

The Epcot dive is fun to do once: sort of a check-off-the-box bucket list dive. Not cheap but enjoyable plus the back stage tour is pretty interesting too.

Jupiter looks pretty amazing from the youtube clips I've seen. It's is probably the furthest I'd go main issue is I'm over here with the wife, kids and in-laws so I wouldn't be able to take the rental car, I need to find a local dive shop that would do a day trip.

Devils Den and Blue grotto look pretty cool too... I'll try Dayo scuba see if they are doing anything mid week.

Why not take the family with you?

I went to Rainbow River last year with Swim with manatees tour in Crystal River FL

In the morning we snorkelled with the manatees and in the afternoon I dived Rainbow River whilst the kids snorkelled and my wife sunned herself on the boat

I can also recommend Welcome To Dive Clearwater!

About 1.5 hours from Orlando and again somewhere where you can take the family and happily leave whilst you dive

Whilst neither is as good as Jupiter, they are closer and have something for the family to do. On the downside is that you will have a very early start whichever you choose so might not suit the rest of the family

Jupiter looks pretty amazing from the youtube clips I've seen. It's is probably the furthest I'd go main issue is I'm over here with the wife, kids and in-laws so I wouldn't be able to take the rental car, I need to find a local dive shop that would do a day trip.

Devils Den and Blue grotto look pretty cool too... I'll try Dayo scuba see if they are doing anything mid week.

I'd ask the family for permission to take the car for just one day. Leave at 6 AM, get in two dives in Jupiter, be back by 3 PM. I'm with sportxlh, I dive with JDC also

if you check-in with Vero Beach Scuba Club or Blue Dolphin Dive Club Orlando on Facebook, the Orlando area members dive Jupiter all the time. And they would generally be happy to share a ride!

+1 the posts recommending the Jupiter area; I live near the Orlando airport and can be in Jupiter boarding a boat in 2 hours; I really like the drift dives in the Jupiter / West Palm area. If you can't find someone running a trip that day that includes transport to/form your resort, you might consider renting a second car for the day so you can enjoy the dives without worrying about getting back with the rest of the family's transport!

I'd ask the family for permission to take the car for just one day. Leave at 6 AM, get in two dives in Jupiter, be back by 3 PM. I'm with sportxlh, I dive with JDC also

To the OP: note that JDC does 3-tank dives on Fridays and Sundays - you'd get back a bit later, but might make the amount of driving more worthwhile.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom