Dive Sites near Chattanooga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Anchor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need to go to Chattanooga on business for 2 weeks. Are there any dive sites near by that would make it worth while for me to bring my gear?

There is a quarry in Madison County, AL and Bluewater Park is in Pelham, AL which is about a 2.5 hour drive from Chattanooga. Not sure about diving around Chattanooga.

There is a quarry in Madison County, AL and Bluewater Park is in Pelham, AL which is about a 2.5 hour drive from Chattanooga. Not sure about diving around Chattanooga.

The Quarry in Madison can be found at Better Diver Madison Quarry It's a great quarry to dive in. Note that they will be open until Oct 31 and they close. They are only open on weekends, unless you get enough divers interested for during the week. you can PM [user]Britt[/user] here on SB. He runs it. Madison will be about a 1.5hr to 2hr drive from Chattanooga.

The Bluewater in Pelham is open during the week on some days. check out www.divealabama.com. You're looking at a 2hr to 3hr drive for this one from Chattanooga.

There are two quarries north of Chattanooga . gimme a minute and I'll dig up their URL's. Low Loch Minn and I'll have to think of the name of the other one.

There is Marthas Quarry about 20-30 minutes west of Nashville. Martha's Quarry :: The Mid-South's Diving Destination. It's typically only open on weekends also.

There are a few folks who dive the lakes around Chattanooga. I'll let someone else with more knowledge reply about them.

There is a decent aquarium in Chattanooga worth visiting if you've not been there before. It's in two buildings now and takes several hours to go through.... (FYI)

Martha's will be open at least the next two week ends. better to call first where ever you go. It is comeing time for us to shut down for the years.

I wound up diving Madison Quarry. It was close to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. After swimming through a Tiatan re-entry capsule and a space lab tube, I got to check out all the models on display.

Many thanks to Michelle and Stephanie who took me on a whirlwind tour through the quarry.

Loch-Low-Minn,

It's less than an hour away.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom