Dive sites near Atlanta, GA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider Pensacola FL. 5 - 6 hours away, over 100 charted sites to choose from, The Oriskany (need we say more), several excellent dive operations to choose from, white sand beaches, cold beer, pretty girls, well the list just goes on and on. Come see us.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

Consider Pensacola FL. 5 - 6 hours away, over 100 charted sites to choose from, The Oriskany (need we say more), several excellent dive operations to choose from, white sand beaches, cold beer, pretty girls, well the list just goes on and on. Come see us.

Don't tell my wife (just kidding) you had me at pretty girls (prefer women). See you down there after the first of the year.

they are in south carolina,about 3 hours north on I 85 just past the ga sc border,that hot hole was the coldest dive I have ever done,the water was high 60s but it was below freezing with 30 mile a hour winds and snow flurries,I bet Flightlead remembers that one.

I kid you not when I say temps usually aren't an issue above or below water. Last year after a major snow storm, a buddy and I went out for a winter dive, got great pics too.

So this weekend I actually may have a couple of options.

In the future, is anyone is looking for a DB, I am ALWAYS willing to go diving on a weekend.

Thanks again,

I'm heading north this week to visit family, but after the holidays, we can probably do some dives in the panhandle. We could do an open water dive and if you check out (looks like you will), I can take you on a few cavern tours to introduce you to the environment. I'm going to warn you, though. You won't want to go back to Massachusetts.

I'm heading north this week to visit family, but after the holidays, we can probably do some dives in the panhandle. We could do an open water dive and if you check out (looks like you will), I can take you on a few cavern tours to introduce you to the environment. I'm going to warn you, though. You won't want to go back to Massachusetts.

Now you know there is a big hook in that right? YOu get him in a lil and its no holds bared. He'll be hooked for life. :D

That is great, I have been trying to convince my wife that moving down south is the way to go.

Drop me a line when you get back from the holidays. I look forward to future dives.

Safe travels, best regards,

Welcome to the South! One of my dive friends is from Minnesota. He is definitely glad he made the move. We have a couple of good dive options near Augusta, GA:Clarks Hill lake
(aka Lake Thurmond) and the Savannah River. We generally dive the East Dam (SC side) most weekends. We have an airplane, ski boat, a couple of walls and rock ledges to dive on. Fairly fishy in the summer, though not as much so in the winter. Dive depths 0-125' when our lake is at full pool. We were down 16 feet a couple of weeks ago, but are up 3' with the rain and now that the Corps has reduced flow to the river. I haven't dove locally for the past 2 weeks due to travel but will post current dive conditions after Saturday's dive. We often have great vis Jan -March, though colder temps. We also have some nice river dives - lots of history here. We have a shipwreck in 18' with boilers, bow, planking etc.; the remains of the Hamburg cotton docks that stretch for over a mile, remains of the old Hamburg bridge on the bottom, and more neat stuff. We always welcome others to join us. Send a PM for weekend dive plans.

I am just trying to get my bearing to various land locked dive site in the area.
1. Dive Haven (been there last week, thanks to DeepDaddyBob & Flightlead )
2. Numerous springs (various locations in FL)
3. Lake Thurmond, near Augusta, GA (can someone provide detailed location of typical dive site / location)
4. Lake Lanier, GA (can someone provide detailed location of typical dive site / location)
5. Alabama Blue (Have been but can find)
6. Lake Jocassee (can someone provide detailed location of typical dive site / location)

So this is a good start for now, but obviously I need some assistance locating a few locations.

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing many of you in the water.

Thank you and best regards,

Forest

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to get included if anyone plans any diving in Jan or Feb. I am interning in Atlanta for the spring, and would love to get down to the springs for a weekend of maybe the coast. Pretty much up for anything you all are getting together.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom