Dive Sites in South Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A moderator contacted me and pointed out that posts can have various prefixes to the title (for example “trip report”, “question”, etc.) that both clearly marks it for forum viewers and helps to filter for exposure across the site. There’s a little drop down menu in front of the title box when creating new posts. So, if possible, let’s try to post new dive sight reports as separate “trip reports”, then drop a link here just as an index.

I was wondering If there was any diving out near Udo? I think that’s one of the places famous for the korean women freedivers? Would be interesting to dive and see what they saw
This summer several Korean divers recommended diving Udo to me, so I’d say, yes.

I read you can qualify for the open water c card with an instructor in this pool.
On weekends, the pool costs the same, if not more expensive, than an open water dive in the sea (~55000₩).
I'd love to go to the pool for the experience.
I found this article about K-26, billed as "Asia's Deepest Diving Pool". Here is a link to the English language page of the pool's site:
K-26 Asia's Deepest Diving Pool

And here is the article:
K-26 in South Korea - Explore Asia's Deepest Diving Pool - Dive o'clock!

I have never been there, but would love to check it out someday!
They are proliferating! Now there's an even deeper pool called Deepstation, which goes down to 36 meters. It's also much closer to where I live. :thumb:

Big Scuba Pools: K26 and Deepstation

I was told by a Korean diver friend that they do ice diving in Gangwon province during the winter. Here's a Santi promo video showing Korean ice divers [click "watch on Facebook" to view the vid]:

I was told by a Korean diver friend that they do ice diving in Gangwon province during the winter. Here's a Santi promo video showing Korean ice divers [click "watch on Facebook" to view the vid]:

Yeah, I think NB divers frequently posts ice diving invites on their social media over the winter. I'm told this is also when the Korean water is the clearest and why most of the serious Korean divers who want to dive year-round choose drysuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom