Dive sites in Pensacola/Panama City area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asif

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can anyone give me some idea about dive-sites / shops for a daytime dive in the Panama City / Pensacola area? I plan to drive down there on a weekend, and also looking to get a dive buddy. Not planning to do a deep dive though - as I don't have the experience...

Better to post this in the Deep Dixie Divers forum so I've moved it. That's where that area is covered.

Are you interested in shore diving sites or boat sites?

Can anyone give me some idea about dive-sites / shops for a daytime dive in the Panama City / Pensacola area? I plan to drive down there on a weekend, and also looking to get a dive buddy. Not planning to do a deep dive though - as I don't have the experience...
There is probably about 100 dives sites in these two cities- as well as in between. If you look on the websites of most of the charters, they'll tell you about the sites they go to. A good starting point may be the Florida Panhandle Shipwreck Trail.

Shore dives are few and far between, in my experience. I defer to others in this area; but there are some freshwater springs in the area.

Not wanting to go deep IS a SMALL problem. Almost every site goes deeper than 60' to the bottom. Now, you can dive the bridge spans in Panama City; the tops of these is usually around 45'.

When were you looking to go? Send me a PM; I'm right on your way, and always looking to dive more.

Lots in the Panama city area. Divers Den is a great shop to speak to and their boat is easy to dive from. Shoring divings means the St Andrews State Park jettis. Get the tides right and its a great dive.

Boat sites...

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 10:06 PM ----------

Hey, thanks for the advice... I will be looking to get started as the weather gets a bit warmer... Also I have to plan for weekends since I work full time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom