dive sites in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocVikingo once bubbled...
"CantaMar?'

I'm familiar with an advanced dive site up north called "Cantarel," but CantaMar is a new one on me.

Can you provide some additional info?

Thanks,

DocVikingo

Doc,
I meant to write Cantarel. I guess I need to put the crack pipe down before I post next time.

Joel

hey! thanks for all the suggestions :) Just got back from cozumel! Had the time of my life. The first two days there were no small boats because of wind, so we took a small boat and i had to compromise with the other DM on the dive sites. Here's what we did:
Palancar Horseshoe 94'/43min
Yucab 62'/40min
Santa Rosa 163'/45min (it was my anniversary! took only the tech divers)
Tormentos 62'/61min
LaCeiba-Plane 36'/36min
Paraiso 46'/51min (night dive)
Devil's Throat 138'/32min
Colombia Shallow 29'/76min

we saw LOTS of things. 4 turtles, 3 giant eagle rays, octopus, crabs, lobsters, stingrays and the usual reef fish.

I'm in heaven!!!!! Here's my fav pic of the trip. This turtle was like our pet (with us all the time, let us pet her, play with her, etc)

gracias! mita

Great shot of the turtle! The list of sites is great as well...will check out as many as we can when we do our trip in January to Cozy! Should also have half the trip advanced and half the trip novices. Still got room if anyone wants to join us!!!

mofosaurus once bubbled...
I don't feel entirely comfortable when people tell me they "petted" a turtle

Isn't the rule of thumb that you shouldn't interact with wild animals?

Look but don't touch?

Not that a turtle could harm you but still.

A turtle could very easily remove a finger or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom