Dive sites closer than Keystone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradnerBoy

Contributor
Reaction score
Do we have any sites in and around Bellingham that are worth checking out? As much as I like Keystone (I don't care for Edmonds), I'd like to find something a bit closer to home, but still in WA.

The san juans has shore diving for lots of life and color. and there is shorediving north of keystone, Deception pass area.

Happy Diving

IMHO, all the best cold water diving involves getting on a ferry and going Northwards. Nanaimo, Courtney, Port Hardy... It seems the further North you go, the better it gets! I think generally BC is better than Washington state.

Rosario Beach at Deception Pass is a nice easy shore dive. Quite shallow but easily accessible and safe.
Conversely I've also attempted "Skyline" on Fidalgo Island near Deception pass. The current was wicked strong and I ended up thumbing the dive then fighting my way back to the entry by crawling over kelp on the surface. Most impressive colours and life that I've ever seen around here though.

Skyline is a fantastic dive with a scooter.

Skyline is an impressive dive period and just needs to be timed correctly. Otherwise, you're looking at San Juan dives or dives just outside of West Vancouver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom