Dive Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrbeast1414

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey has anyone dove in Monterey California? Or, more specifically, in the Santa Cruz or Capitola area. If so, where was it and what was it like. I live in Los Altos and it is like an 1 and a half drive to Monterey to dive. Although, if there was a place in Capitola or Santa Cruz, that would be a lot more convenient. Thanks a lot for your input.

*note: I am 15 and I can't drive myself anywhere so time and distance and location is a big factor (my LDS only has trips like once or twice a month...)

I haven't heard of any diving in that area, maybe someone else can help you out. If there is diving there, it's probably not very good (since I've never heard of anyone diving there).

I would stay clear of those murky waters, unless you are supervised by an experienced diver on a day that 20 feet of viz is declared.

I've heard that clean up days on the pier are really lots of fun, look into that event and stay clear of entering the water without direct supervision.

Thanks,

MG

Mrbeast1414:

Any groups / clubs of divers in your area that you can join in with? Surely offering to wash their car would win you a ride!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom