Dive shorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mick allein III

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I dive a Bare Trilam and am interested in adding a pocket to my left leg. Was considering glueing one on but am reluctant to permanently add something to suit. Anyone out there dive dry with dive shorts? If so what brand and size. I have a 36 inch waist but its much bigger in my dry suit. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to dive a DUI TLS without pockets. I purchased XS Scuba Highland Pocket shorts and was very satisfied with them. I only used them a dozen times before I purchased a different suit, with pockets. If your interested I could part with them.
I know Scuba Pro makes something similar.

I made a DIY pair and eventually added a second (left) pocket as well. Wouldn't dive without them. My suit is a DUI TLS 350. I have thought of gluing the pockets on, but the shorts act as a leg (thigh) gaiter and keep the air bubble down.

I made mine from a pair of compression shorts. The shorts material needs strengthening - so if you can I would go commercial, or start from a cheap pair of neoprene shorts.

Once you start diving with a pocket you will always want a pocket. I have glued one on both my wetsuit and drysuit and could not be happier.

Its actually real simple.

Put on the wetsuit or drysuit mark the outline of the pocket where you want it. Put an AL80 in the leg and apply an even coating of AquaSeal where the pocket will go and on the pocket. Use pallet packing wrap to hold the pocket in place ( you can get this at any fedex store) while the glue cures over 2-3 days.

I like the dive rite pockets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I ended up sewing mine on my wetsuit... I use the Highland Thigh Pocket which is about $40.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom