Dive shorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you guys sewing the pockets on yourselves or giving them to a tailor?

If you're doing it yourself, how hard is it?

Pockets are made to be glued on. If done properly its permanent, you will rip the suit before the glue gives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Once you start diving with a pocket you will always want a pocket. I have glued one on both my wetsuit and drysuit and could not be happier.

Its actually real simple.

Put on the wetsuit or drysuit mark the outline of the pocket where you want it. Put an AL80 in the leg and apply an even coating of AquaSeal where the pocket will go and on the pocket. Use pallet packing wrap to hold the pocket in place ( you can get this at any fedex store) while the glue cures over 2-3 days.

I like the dive rite pockets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is similar to the way I do it but trying to stretch a suit over a tank sounds like a pain. I have the person put the suit on, lay hold the pocket against the leg and decide on positioning. Then trace the outline with a light colored color pencil or chalk very lightly. Take the suit off, then take cardboard I have cut oversize roughly in the shape of a thigh. Wrap with an old towel, and slide in until the outline stretches enough to match the pocket again. Once you have that draw the outline on the suit slightly inside the lines with a bead of aquaseal, then make intersecting lines in that area. Don't need to be heavy. Spread the lines a little with a brush, then do the same on the pocket backing. Press on and lay a nice big book that covers the entire area on it on a flat surface. Place some weights on and let set overnight. The pockets I sell come with enough glue now and the little brush.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom