Dive Shorts??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHunt82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This seemed like the appropriate place to post this thread. Admins please move the thread to the proper discussion if necessary. Also my apologies if this topic has been beaten to death.
I am looking for something very similar to the classic UDT Swimmer shorts. I want to wear these under my wet suit. I know speedos are popular but I'm not interested in them. The catch is they need to be about a 42 aat the least, I'm a bigger fella. Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks muddiver. I forgot to mention that they need to be bigger than the standard sizes. I'm as small framed as they intended their users to be.

SeaHunt82, I definitely understand your search for dive shorts. A search for "American Apparel Swim Shorts" will lead you to the one's me & my dive buddies use. We all use black. You barely know they're there. I think you'll find them suited perfectly for what you're after.

Hope that helps!

I've been thinking of trying a pair of those neoprene exercise shorts to use under my wetsuit. Anybody have any thoughts on that?

No doubt they would work, although being neoprene they would add a minimal trace of buoyancy. Also, they may not be as practical before/after the dive on your way there and back home. Traditional shorts are more practical to continue wearing after the dive in case you'd like to stop somewhere for a quick bite to eat. Obvious answer I know, but my thoughts... Whatever makes you most comfortable on the dive is paramount. Give 'em a try!

I am no model either but what works for me is underarmour shorts 30 seconds after I am out of my wetsuit I amwearing a pair of regular shorts over the underarmour shorts. They are very comfortable to wear under a heavy 7mil wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom