Dive Shops that Offer Discover Scuba for Older Clients

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today's DSD requires the RSTC Diver Medical (copy attached).
Where do you see this requirement?
I was going by the PADI website.

Where do you see this requirement?
I was going by the PADI website.
Go to PADI.com
Hover on Courses, click on Discover Scuba Diving
Scroll down to More Info
Click on Medical Requirements
Click on Diver Medical Form

Go to PADI.com
Hover on Courses, click on Discover Scuba Diving
Scroll down to More Info
Click on Medical Requirements
Click on Diver Medical Form
OK... I'm not a Lawyer (or a Doctor), but it looks to me like if you check off that you are above 45 but check no to the questions in box B (page 2) and you answered NO to questions 3, 5 or 10 on page 1 and NO to all of the questions on page 2 you can just sign the waiver. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm just trying to figure this out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In other words, if you do not check any boxes covered by an asterisk ( * ) you do not need a physician's release (bottom page 2).

OK... I'm not a Lawyer (or a Doctor), but it looks to me like if you check off that you are above 45 but check no to the questions in box B (page 2) and you answered NO to questions 3, 5 or 10 on page 1 and NO to all of the questions on page 2 you can just sign the waiver. I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm just trying to figure this out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not a lawyer either, but the dive center may insist on a signed medical form from a doctor. I would strongly recommend that the person takes this form with them to their doctor when getting a physical.

In other words, if you do not check any boxes covered by an asterisk ( * ) you do not need a physician's release (bottom page 2).
Yes, you are correct. It is possible -- but unlikely -- that you are over 45 but do not smoke, do not have high blood pressure, do not have high cholesterol, and not take any prescription drugs, therefore do not need a doctor's signature.

Not a lawyer either, but the dive center may insist on a signed medical form from a doctor. I would strongly recommend that the person takes this form with them to their doctor when getting a physical.
I've never been at a dive center or a liveaboard that required a signed medical if you could answer No to the all the questions...except in Australia where everybody has to be signed off. Have you experienced otherwise?

Yes, you are correct. It is possible -- but unlikely -- that you are over 45 but do not smoke, do not have high blood pressure, do not have high cholesterol, and not take any prescription drugs, there fore do not need a doctor's signature.
There are other posters here who have reported issues with dive centers/dive ops if they were in their 60s. Best to just go to the doc and get the form signed to head off any issues before they leave on vacation.

Yes to this. I am an active diver at 72. I have my MD sign off annually on the PADI medical form and I carry it with me. Not been asked for it yet, but just in case.

Back
Top Bottom