Dive Shops that Offer Discover Scuba for Older Clients

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ontdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A non-diver friend in his late 60s is interested in doing Discover Scuba in early January. They will be staying in Willemstad. Any recommendations for a dive shop that has experience with older clientele?

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with Willemstad, so I can’t recommend a shop. 60s isn’t really older from my perspective. Regardless, I don’t see why any shop that does Try Scuba would have a problem with a customer of any age, so long as they have a clear medical or physicians approval to dive. If your friend has specific limitations, they should look for a shop with experience in adaptive scuba.

PADI medical form can be found here

Looks like no physical required if you don't have any physical problems. Even if you admit to a problem they only "request" you see a physician.
This old material for DSD is no longer valid.
Today's DSD requires the RSTC Diver Medical (copy attached).
If you are over 45 and smoke, have high cholesteral or blood pressure, or take prescription drugs then you need a doctor's signature.

Attachments

• 10346E_Diver_Medical_Participant_Questionnaire_2022_02_1.pdf
    685.4 KB · Views: 55
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom