Dive Shops that Offer Discover Scuba for Older Clients

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to add that the commonly reported requirement for dive physicals in Australia is questionable.

Some friends and I went there a few years ago, and we were told we absolutely needed physicals for all diving, and we got them and brought several copies.

Our first diving was off a day boat, and we only had to sign a statement saying we were fit to dive. When we showed our physicals, the person checking us in looked at them, clearly puzzled, and she asked us why we had brought them.

The same thing happened when we checked in with our liveaboard. They had us sign a statement saying we were fit to dive, and they were not interested in our physicals.

I would like to add that the commonly reported requirement for dive physicals in Australia is questionable.

Some friends and I went there a few years ago, and we were told we absolutely needed physicals for all diving, and we got them and brought several copies.

Our first diving was off a day boat, and we only had to sign a statement saying we were fit to dive. When we showed our physicals, the person checking us in looked at them, clearly puzzled, and she asked us why we had brought them.

The same thing happened when we checked in with our liveaboard. They had us sign a statement saying we were fit to dive, and they were not interested in our physicals.
I think that is easily solved by contacting the dive center in advance.

Back
Top Bottom