Dive shops - South?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kthacher

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I am heading to Cozumel (first trip) on August 23, and will be staying in a villa on the Southern part of the Island (Playa San Francisco). There will be three divers and perhaps a resort course guy. The three of us are reasonably experienced.

Does anyone have any recommendations on dive shops that are close to that location, or should I be heading into town? I am trying to simplify the logistics of the dive trips, but not at the expense of finding a good dive shop.

Thanks

That far south almost every dive operator will pick you up on the pier. If you are not on the water the operator can tell you where to go close to your villa to be picked up. www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul can help he is great. Small fast boat only six on the boat so you guys at most will only have 2 more with you. He lets you dive your profile, and since you have a novice diver that may need to surface early he has them rise to 20' and follow the other divers from above. His e-mail is Raul_platas@yahoo.com he may not check his e-mail every day so give him a day or two to answer. You won't be sorry. This program underlines e-mail address so you don't see the dash in Rauls address, you must put it in Raul_platas.

Lou

I'll give you a second set of thumbs up for Raul, I have dove with him many times when he worked for Blue Bubble, he is a very good, extreamly safety minded DM. He is also very patient and really good at finding critters.

there aren't really any dive shops in the southern sector, almost all the dive shops are in town or at least closer to town near the international pier or run out of the marina where the dive boats are.

the resorts in the southern sector do have thier own, 'in house' dive operations with most of them having small dive shops on the premises.

as far as I know all the dive ops will pick you up at your hotel pier, the only exception is the Iberostar and because of their policy of charging other dive ops than their own to use thier pier, some of the dive ops are not picking up at the Iberostar pier anymore. I have heard that some will make a 'beach' pickup next to the pier to avoid the charge though.

Thanks for the help guys - it turns out that Alison from Scuba with Alison has been very responsive to my enquiries so I think I will end up with her. From what I can tell, others from this board have been happy after diving with her. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom