Dive shops near the Royal Lahaina Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huckster

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, In April Im staying @ the Royal Lahaina Resort in Maui. Im wondering what are some recommended dive shops close to the hotel. Im looking to do some boat and shore dives and do they accommodate solo divers. I like the idea i can dive in the morning and tour in the afternoon.
Thanks

Take a walk over to Dickenson street - you'll find Pacific dive and Lahaina Divers right across the street from each other - If you are a newer diver Lahaina divers is the one you want, if more experienced then head over to Pacific - both are good shops, just different atmospheres.

If you want the rest of the day free after doing a boat dive, then make the early morning drive to Kihei and go with B&B Scuba - they will have back at the dock between 9:30-10am leaving you the rest of the day open... and they are my favorite boat op here on the island.

Aloha, Tim

I believe all of the boat diving on Maui are DM guided dives with nobody just dropping you in the water and asking you to return in an hour, so if you're an only diver you don't have to worry about finding a buddy. Which of course means no real solo diving will happen. If you want to shore dive, you can solo dive all you want.

Huckster,
Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you. I don't know you , but I hate you.
I had the pleasure of going to Maui this past summer, and it was the best diving I have ever done.
I dove with Ed Robinson's , and had a great time.

I hope you enjoy your trip, and be prepared to be spoiled after the trip.

Jim Breslin

If you don't want to drive to Kihei for boat diving, consider Extended Horizons. They go mostly to Lanai in the mornings and leave from Mala ramp just a few minutes away from you. A smaller boat than Lahaina Divers and excellent service.
Most major boat diving on Maui is done in the mornings due to the trade winds kicking up after that so that should work with your schedule.
Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom