Dive Shops in Playa, Coz, Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evilclown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to Playa del Carmen for a week in August. It's my first time there as an adult and diver. I have decided to dive "all over the place" : Coz, Playa, Cancun, Cenotes, Whale Shark Snorkel, etc to try see a little bit of everything.

I have compiled a list of Dive Ops in the area based on positive reviews on this board.

Please feel free to comment on the ones I've included or add your favorite ones if they are missing.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Cancun:

- Ben / Mayan Aqua Dive
-Nautilus Diving (Octavio)
- Manta Divers

Cenotes:

- Scuba Cenote (Armando)
- Always Diving (Alvaro)

Cozumel :

-Aldora
-Studio Blue
- Dive with Martin
- Dive Paradise
- Aqua Safari
- Blue Angel
- Scuba Tony
- BlueXTSea
- Papa Hogs

Playa:

-Pluto Dive
-Fantasea (Jason)
-Abyss Divers (Todd)
- Diablo Divers (Kevin)
- Phantom Divers
- Studio Blue

If you are going to stay in Playa del Carmen, do your diving from there, I recommend Dive Mike or Phantom. In Coz I recommend Papa Hogs a Canadian owned diveop, or Caballito del Caribe. Your diveshop at Playa can arrange your Cavern Diving. For Cancun and Whalesharks you have to travel about an hour ways, some shops will offer transportation (not included on the dives) In Cancun you may dive 50ft.reefs or an 80ft wreck, departure times are from 8 to 9am. For the whalesharks transportation may be arranged for you. Departure time for this tour is at 745am passing the hotel zone and Cancun downtown area (get ready to a very early day). Check out Manta Divers! Cancun! Cenote! Cozumel Diving ! Whale Sharks! - Home a small American family owned dive op maybe there can be a package for your Cancun dives and Whaleshark tour even Cavern diving picking you up in Playa
Hopethis info was useful

Dive Mike or DiveMex (internet only) in Playa. Both of similar service. Keep in mind most dive ops in Playa could be your one stop shopping for diving or dive arrangements in Playa, Coz and the Cenotes. This may save some, not all transportation costs getting to these destinations.

You can't go wrong with Aqua Safari. I've done about half of my Cozumel diving with them (going on 400 dives in Cozumel) and can't say enough good about them. If you want more room on a big boat ask to be on one of the Ocean boats (I, II, III or IV). If you want a smaller fast boat, ask for Belinda. Belinda is one of my favorite boats on the island. Its a fast boat, but you don't sacrifice comfort. Unlike many fast boats, it has a head and sun shade. The boat captain Chilango is a blast. I hear good reports on Aldora too, but have never dived with them. Kind of depends on what kind of boat you want to be on. Fast boats can be rough and uncomfortable, big boats are slower, but are more comfortable. Also depends on what your budget is. Deep Exposure Dive Center is amazing too, and costs just a couple bucks more, but has a NICE boat and provides first class service to divers who are not willing to sacrifice comfort for a couple of bucks.

We'll be at Scuba Club Cozumel from the 10th through the 16th and you don't have to stay at SCC to dive with their dive op, Scuba-Cozumel. You are welcome to join us!

Hope this helps!

My wife and I dove with Pluto Dive in July. Alberto and Barbara were really terrific and very knowledgeable on the reefs. Alberto was awesome at finding little critters that we would've otherwise missed.

I'd definitely dive with them again.

Robert

go with Ben in Cancun who can also get you to the whale sharks. for cenotes I'd go with Aquanauts in Puerto Aventuras, 15 minutes south of playa, which will be on your way to the cenotes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom