Dive Shops - Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alc16

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anybody know which countries are cheapest for buying dive equipment?
Also, any recommended retailers?

Thailand
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
Philippines

I found singapore to be cheaper than thailand or indonesia: it's also easy to get a duty free cash back at the airport as well.

As for retailers just work out which brands you want and find out out which retailers in which country stock your needs.

Hong Kong is the cheapest place in Asia for 95% of all scuba-related gear--including UW housings, strobes, etc..but always do your "research" before buying.
See thread on this forum for details on HK-based Dive Shops.

I recommend going to Pro Dive and talking to Steve or Gallup. Great prices and lots of different gear depending on what you are looking for. They have Oxycheq, Halcyon, Scubapro and other brands. Best prices in town too, at least that I've seen.

ProDive.com.hk

Thanks folks - i'm heading to HK on the weekend and will check out a couple of stores there. Anyone know how Bunns diving in Wanchai and Ocean Sky Divers near TST measure up in terms of range of kit and pricing?

i from malaysia, i feel that Malaysia dive enquirement is cheaper, because base on currency Malaysia is better that singapore. In Malaysia we have Mares, Tusa and many other brand.

edmund

Hi Tassie, can you quickly explain how to get a duty free cash back at the airport in Singapore? I am going to stay 3 or 4 days there, and might buy a computer.
Thanks
Math

It's not duty free cash back, it's a refund of Goods & Services Tax on large purchaces. Details here: Tourist Refund Scheme

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom