Dive shop recommendations for Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beshore65

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone recommend a reliable dive shop for Isla Mujeres, . We are going to the island in April, and staying at the Avalon Reef Club.
Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
Beshore65

smilies-2351.png

I don't know if they have ANY? Ask on our Mexico forum...

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

Hi, There are several dive shops, but only 2 are members of PADI. One is Coral divers Coral Scuba Dive Center - Isla Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico - Diving, PADI certification, snorkeling and I would highly recommend them. I have dived with them for 10 years...some of my photos are taken in the Isla area.

The other PADI location is, I believe, Aqua Adventures close to Bamboo restaurant

... the others are NOT PADI and without going into detail, some have a dubious reputation.

The Avalon had it's own dive centre the last time I was on the Island "Mundaca Divers" but I would give them a pass.

Coral is really the best team to dive with they have 3 great dive Pangas...the Intervalos..... their shop is right by the docks and only 15 minutes from diving........

Hi, There are several dive shops, but only 2 are members of PADI. One is Coral divers Coral Scuba Dive Center - Isla Mujeres, Cancun, Mexico - Diving, PADI certification, snorkeling and I would highly recommend them. I have dived with them for 10 years...some of my photos are taken in the Isla area.

The other PADI location is, I believe, Aqua Adventures close to Bamboo restaurant

... the others are NOT PADI and without going into detail, some have a dubious reputation.

The Avalon had it's own dive centre the last time I was on the Island "Mundaca Divers" but I would give them a pass.

Coral is really the best team to dive with they have 3 great dive Pangas...the Intervalos..... their shop is right by the docks and only 15 minutes from diving........
Thank you for the information, I had contacted the Avalon and the gave the Mundaca Divers, I was not real confortable after I had done some checking. Thank your for the recomendition. I have sent several emails to Coral but they have not responded. I guess I will call them.

Thank you again for the information.
Beshore 65

If you want to call them it is best to call around 11am CST, which is 1pm EST. the number is Country code (52)-998 877-0763 or 998-877-0061, or 998-877-0572.

You could always try this email address vps@villaspuntasur.com. It is the hotel thjat they own.

If you want recommendations just serarch here on Coral...everynoe will say the same thing........

They go out everyday around 9-10 as long as the port is open. They will ask you to be there for 8 for gear etc.

They are open in the evenings on Matamoros St. until around 7pm and at the Hidalgo store until a 9 or so.

There is always room and they are priced competitvley.

Sorry if I sound like an advertisement, but I really enjoy diving with them...I will be there Easter weekend diving.

Anyway good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!

Not an advertisement, just a very good recommendations. Enjoy your diving, we will be there April 1.. I will give them a call.
THank You

Coral Scuba dive its the bomb. While I am not yet cert, going next month, I did the resort class and went on 4 dives with them. lots to see there and if you go to cancun, they still head over to isla to dive lol.

I went thru a small and short cave and held on thru 10 ft seas the first day. dived to about 34 feet and they treated me like there own brothers. On the second day I even got to drive the dive boat out to our local.

img002.jpg

I'm glad for the dive shop recommendation too. My husband and I are thinking about Isla Mujeres also this year.

Where do you all stay when you're there? I would like something with a nice beach, but very affordable.

I dove out of Cancun last month with Aqua World and I believe that they also service the island. They were a pretty good operation. Thier contact information is info@aquaworld.com.mx or aquaworld.com.mx. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom