Dive shop recommendation in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwudcock

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am staying at the Wyndham in 2 weeks time, April 5th to 12th. I'm looking for a recommendation for diving.

I learnt to dive last year with Aqua Safari at the Coz Palace. I've dived since in Hawaii. I have two boys, 16 and nearly 15, who need to do their Open Water referral dives while we are there.

Any recommendations for dive ops? How do people rank the on-site Sand Dollar operation?

Thanks, Brian

I'll be at the Wyndham 3/28 - 4/4 and diving with Dive with Martin for 3 days.

I will try and send you a PM from there later that week.
There are quite a few good shops in Coz from what I have heard.Try a search on this board or check on the Cozumel FAQ stickey in the Cozumel Forum.

Hope you have a GREAT TRIP.:D

Sand dollar may be more convenient for you since it is on site. They are a volume operation but should be OK for referrals since most referrals are not from cruise ships.

The better air consumption you have they more you would look for an operation that dive air and computer rather than strict timed dives.

You should probably stick with the same operator that does the referral to do additional dives. Your sons may not be able to dive with others since they won't have C cards.

If you are doing a PADI certification then a temp cert card is available immediately after you pass the course. So don't let that limit you choice of Op to do additional dives.

John

You might check with Alison (Scuba with Alison) - she did a 'Discover Scuba' for a 14 year old while we were with her last week, and did an excellent job. Dad & older brother were already certified, so the younger brother did his 'discover' dive with all of us on our 2nd dive on a shallow reef. It was the first time I observed her doing a class for a teenager, and she was really good at keeping it entertaining while getting the importance of safety and all the technical info across.

Scuba With Alison

Dove with Aldora on Monday, 3/25/08. My son is Jr. Certified, so we were limited to 40 feet. They did a great job. Set everything up. Got us to the reefs. Used steel 120's. My son used Steel 100. We had 75 minutes on Paradise reef for the second dive. Very easy drift dives. The whole group stayed together. Our group was from a cruise. We were on one ship and the other father and two sons were on another. We started diving around 10:30 am and finished around 2:30. Lunch at Mr. Sanchez's Beach Club. Fast boats. Our boat probably maxes out at 6 divers. Luann was very good about pointing out things we may have missed.

I've always enjoyed diving with Aldora. Really nice people. Fun and professional. I'd check them out.

I can add another recommendation for Aldora. Great operation and they are very conscientious about making groups up of divers with similar experience and taking them to suitable dive sites for that experience level. I dove with them last summer and Mario was our DM he’s a great guy!

Back
Top Bottom