Dive shop owners or Independent instructors... Question: Do you tell the prospective student...

Do your students complain that the pool is not at your business location?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to have an Easter egg in it. Nobody read it because they never do. I think it's time to put it back in...

"When the customer doesn't read the terms of what they are purchasing,"
Slightly OT but. I heard a radio interview with one of the megabands from the 80's, I think it was ELO. The interviewer asked about the band's reputation for being diva's, because their typical contract was 56 pages long and even specified that there had to be a big bowl of M&M's with no red ones in it, in their dressing room. The band member guffaw'ed at that and said "No, you don't understand. The red M&M's bit was real. But we didn't care about the M&M's, we just stuck it in there because if we saw red M&M's in the bowl, we knew that no one had read the contract."
So, if you really want to know whether they have read what they are signing? Just put in a note halfway through that says "Session #9 will require eating ten red M&M's, students must supply their own red M&M's. All substitutions must be approved by the instructor before the course begins."
I think our instructor supplied the Coke we all had to drink.(G)

"When the customer doesn't read the terms of what they are purchasing,"
Slightly OT but. I heard a radio interview with one of the megabands from the 80's, I think it was ELO. The interviewer asked about the band's reputation for being diva's, because their typical contract was 56 pages long and even specified that there had to be a big bowl of M&M's with no red ones in it, in their dressing room. The band member guffaw'ed at that and said "No, you don't understand. The red M&M's bit was real. But we didn't care about the M&M's, we just stuck it in there because if we saw red M&M's in the bowl, we knew that no one had read the contract."
So, if you really want to know whether they have read what they are signing? Just put in a note halfway through that says "Session #9 will require eating ten red M&M's, students must supply their own red M&M's. All substitutions must be approved by the instructor before the course begins."
I think our instructor supplied the Coke we all had to drink.(G)

I love that story, it was Van Halen and brown M+M's. David Lee Roth gives the reasoning here:

LOL.

Where do you get the salt water?

:rofl3:
While the LDS that has one is right near the Gulf of Mex., I believe no one uses real salt water--they pour stuff in to make it salty. I think it's only about 1/3 as salty as the real thing, so obviously the buoyancy differs.

I think that is a perfect add. I used to have, "any specialty for $25 and a fresh baked cookie of your choice."

This precedence and application is already established.

But as with mine, nobody read it, this no $25 specialties or cookies ever given.

I love that story, it was Van Halen and brown M+M's. David Lee Roth gives the reasoning here:

They all missed out on the cookies?!
These are the folks who are later found with zero air in their tanks and no apparent reason, aren't they?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom