Dive shop in Yakima WA .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparkyjames

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Gang I drive for a trucking Co. out of Yakima WA and noticed the other day that they have a Dive shop not more then a few blocks from our offices.

I was wondering if and one has heard of them or had any dealings with,

I have been thinking of takeing my advanced class through a dive shop in th yakima area as I have to take like a day and a half off when I return from the east coast every trip.

to allow for my hours to reste so I can return to work. So I figured why not get some more traineing out of the way.

I did get to see and speak with Bob B ( Greatfull Diver ) any one that knows me knows how much I respect his opinion as he is one of my mentors, He sayes he has heard nothing but good thigs about them but did not know them personaly

So I was wondering if any of you had delt with them, I am asumeing some one is dealing with them as I am told the shop has been around fro some time.

Also what kind of diving is in the yakima area. any suggestions.
I am thinking of takeing some dive gear to keep in my truck and if I cant make it home I might still get some diving in during time off.

thanks
Sparky

Well, seen as how there are 3 dive shops in Yakima, you may have identify which shop you are actually refering to.

As for diving in Yakima, your options are extremely limited. If you really have to get wet/muddy, you can try Myron Lake. Better options would be Lost Lake up by Stampede Pass, or the Columbia River at the old Vantage bridge crossing.

regards-

Snowbear:
I betcha Rick Inman on this board knows of them :D
Well, not me. The guy who knows all in the Tri-cities / Yaki-dog area is Jeff... Jeff... Ah, can't remember! Let me search my PMs and I'll be right back...

... Shoot. Old PM, deleted. If I come across him, I'll PM you.

the shop I was talking a bout is located at 20 n First
that is the only one I know about

As to the diving
hows the diving up in Moses lake I cross the bridge there on 90 a lot it looks like a posable spot.

or maybe down on the river near the back way in to Yakima I go that way a lot comeing in and see a couple spots below the Dam that look hold promise.
or am I mistaken this is usaly the case any how.
thats what I was thinking
but wanted to get some more advice first.

Sparky

Sparky;

If you are talking about One World Water Sports in Yakima, my husband visited their store in December for gear for me for Christmas. A non-diver, he wasn't exactly sure what to look for--he came away with just the right stuff--he was not oversold or buffalo'ed...

I have since been on 2 dives with their club--Dan and Shirley are down-to earth, genuinely nice people--no attitudes here. The club is a great mix of folks.

try Yakivet - but I think he is off somewhere tropical right now :)

sparkyjames:
As to the diving
hows the diving up in Moses lake I cross the bridge there on 90 a lot it looks like a posable spot.
Sparky

If your in Moses Lake then you would want to head out to the potholes and try Upper Goose Lake.

sparkyjames:
or maybe down on the river near the back way in to Yakima I go that way a lot comeing in and see a couple spots below the Dam that look hold promise.
or am I mistaken this is usaly the case any how.
thats what I was thinking
but wanted to get some more advice first.
Sparky
I assume you are talking about Rosa Dam up on the canyon hwy. Below the dam and all the way to the Tric-cities you are dealing with Ag runoff and Ag return draining back into the river, complete with all the pesticides etc... And if that doesn't get you, then the E Coli contamination will. You'd be better off snorkling in the Naches river, but that can be hairy becuase of submerged snags.

cowprintrabbit:
try Yakivet - but I think he is off somewhere tropical right now :)

Hey guys, Was in Belize but am now back. I just recently found out about Dan and Shirley Whites One World Watersports a couple of months ago. Just kinda stumbled onto someone that had taken some classes with them. Impressed I am. I took a recent Nitrox class from Dan last month. All my impressions are good. They seem to be running a nice shop, and have helped to maintain a very active dive club here in Yakima. I think they are finishing up a trip to CoCoview in Roatan as we speak. I know they've got trips planned to Little Cayman this summer and then Bonaire and Cozumel next fall. I'll have to find out more about about the club as time goes on, but my first impressions are good. You're right-No attitude. Dan has been organizing quite of few PNW dives during the weekends also. Its always more fun to dive with divers, Its been my association with the dive shop thats gotten me headed into the realm of cold water diving again. Havn't done much since I outgrew the drysuit. I've had to settle for the warm water every year or two. Like Dave Thiesfeld's dog, I treat Dan's dog--Although Dave and Jamies is bigger : :wink: Check it out, Tell them Ken sent ya. Ken :42:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom