Dive Rpt – SB's Goliath Dives 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s one of the resident hawksbills. There are a few in the northern part of Palm Beach County primarily around Jupiter, Juno Beach & Palm Beach. You rarely see them much further south of that. Here’s another one I’ve seen multiple times. He has a distinctive broken part of his carapace just above his left rear flipper. I saw him Sat 8/21/21 on Loggerhead Reef.

View attachment 678430 View attachment 678431
View attachment 678432 View attachment 678433
I didn't know what kind it was, the divemaster said it might have been a different type of turtle. It was just sitting there for awhile and I saw two other people looking at it in the tunnel. I thought it might have been a grouper at first and I wanted to get up close to one. It was much nicer to see a turtle since I've only ever seen smaller ones before.

I didn't know what kind it was, the divemaster said it might have been a different type of turtle. It was just sitting there for awhile and I saw two other people looking at it in the tunnel. I thought it might have been a grouper at first and I wanted to get up close to one. It was much nicer to see a turtle since I've only ever seen smaller ones before.

It’s definitely a hawksbill.

There are some, but there isn't a whole lot. The dudes with the reef hooks had the right idea if you are just there to watch IMO.

There are some good spots to hide behind on the actual MG111. The pillars just north of the wreck offer some shelter too but not much. If the current isn’t too stiff you can plop yourself in the sand and just sit and watch. It’s all sand bottom.

If you think that one’s big I can’t wait for you to see one of our 200+ lb loggerheads or 300+ lb greens in person. They’re massive!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom