Dive Rite Wholesale Price List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have purchased several Dacor RIG and RIG II Bc's and the markup from wholesale (assuming you [the shop] purchase at least 5 at a time (this was our agreement) or contract to purchase at least a dozen per calender inventory year) is between 55-65%. That means if I buy three this month and those count toward my yearly total of 12, I pay approx. 190$ to 235$ ea. depending on the model or if they are offerred as 'closeouts' from the mfg. I then mark them up to FULL RETAIL of approx. 315$ to 390$ and as high as 15% more than that if the area will hold up to it (365$ to 450$ ea.!). (Like dive resorts, or vacation spots that see one time divers). If the item is a real seller we can inflate that to a little more and offer a discount to close the sale for a couple of new divers, etc. that walk in off the street. If we were to sell to a rental fleet that might contract (verbally agree or otherwise) for say a dozen of one kind or brand then we would discount that amount considerably to get their business and still make a guarenteed profit for the year...and we'd be contracting with the mfg for more which in turn would allow us to obtain more at a cheaper initial cost to us, allowing a better profit margin and therefore be able to cut 'really good deals' to our students or walk in local customers responding to newspaper ads or sales commercials, or sell thru the internet. This get's really complicated when mfg companies require "authorized dealers" and the like to represent their product, and the warrenty cards, etc. so it depends on the mfg. a lot.

It's like buying a car, shop around and compare. You can figure about 15-30% on slow moving items and as high as 100% markup on the real seller stuff! That's why you can get such a low price on a new regulator when sold with a complete 'kit' thru your sert company LDS. simple huh? :wink:

[I don't work there any more so don't ask.]

db

The general statement for the shops is based on 57percent profit margin,
naturally the bigger items should be less and smaller more to compensate time expense etc. Which is understandable and on closeout yeah prices could be about right.

mech:
I own and run a business.
Most people don't have a clue what it takes.

You mean 5% over invoice isn't a reasonable margin to pay for shipping, handling, stocking, wages, interest, insurance, customer satisfaction, assembly & predelivery, before & after sales service and advice, showroom space, wear and tear on the showroom merchandise? I likely forgot a few things but they're probably miniscule too. Oh! Profit! I forgot that one. 8)

JohnF

i know this is not dive rite but i know that scuba pro did almost 79Million in net sales last year with about 31.6Million in Gross profit. (based on scubapro's parent company's 40% Gross Profit rate)

I wonder what dive rite is?

Robinhood:
I didn't really expect anyone to come up with the actual price list or a place where I can get one. I was mainly hoping someone who was 'in the business' could give me approximate markup percentage of Dive Rite merchandise whether it be between 30 and 40% or whatever.
The full retail price is generally twice the wholesale price. So, a $400 retail regulator cost the retailer $200.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom