Dive Rite Wholesale Price List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robinhood:
I didn't really expect anyone to come up with the actual price list or a place where I can get one. I was mainly hoping someone who was 'in the business' could give me approximate markup percentage of Dive Rite merchandise whether it be between 30 and 40% or whatever.

And why should they?

Robinhood:
I didn't really expect anyone to come up with the actual price list or a place where I can get one. I was mainly hoping someone who was 'in the business' could give me approximate markup percentage of Dive Rite merchandise whether it be between 30 and 40% or whatever.

Yea, but that's not what you said. You said you were looking for a wholesale price list. If you just wanted approximate percentages then that's a different story. Why is the mark up percentage so important? I mean, we all know they are making money, no sin in that.....or at least I hope they are making a profit or they won't be around long and they make fine gear.

There is a LDS that is getting out of the Retail side here and is selling everything at cost. I picked up a Trans Pac 2 with Trek wings, weight pockets and crotch strap with scooter ring for $260 the sticker on it had a retail price of $639. That should give you an idea...

Chris

5615mike:
Yea, but that's not what you said. You said you were looking for a wholesale price list. If you just wanted approximate percentages then that's a different story. Why is the mark up percentage so important? I mean, we all know they are making money, no sin in that.....or at least I hope they are making a profit or they won't be around long and they make fine gear.
Your right, I didn't say that exactly. Not trying to instigate WWIII here, just was trying to satisfy some curiosities thats all. Obviously, these folks have to make money...nothing wrong with that. However, just like buying a new car...you would like to know some of the numbers so you know what you can play with. Ofcourse, they will speak to price regulations etc, but you may have an opportunity to get a free fill card or something along those lines if you had an idea of what the LDS was making off of it. Also, I have a hard time giving full retail to an LDS that doesn't invest in the inventory for that line. They are merely acting as a go between to order items. In these cases, I would particularly like to know the markup. Not trying to open pandoras box on other issues which was why I kind of left it at a mere curiosity.

OneBrightGator:
I've got one.

I'll sell it to you for $500.

Ben
$500 Turkish Lira for the list :54: . I'm only a hop, skip and jump away from gatorland...when do you want to make the transaction!!

I believe that's a dollar sign in there... I don't see Lira on my keyboard.

If you have a serious question beyond "how much is my LDS making off this purchase" feel free to PM me.

Ben

Robinhood:
Your right, I didn't say that exactly. Not trying to instigate WWIII here, just was trying to satisfy some curiosities thats all. Obviously, these folks have to make money...nothing wrong with that. However, just like buying a new car...you would like to know some of the numbers so you know what you can play with. Ofcourse, they will speak to price regulations etc, but you may have an opportunity to get a free fill card or something along those lines if you had an idea of what the LDS was making off of it. Also, I have a hard time giving full retail to an LDS that doesn't invest in the inventory for that line. They are merely acting as a go between to order items. In these cases, I would particularly like to know the markup. Not trying to open pandoras box on other issues which was why I kind of left it at a mere curiosity.

Exactly........go LP!

So you are trying to decide if your LDS is making too much money?

I highly doubt they are, but I don't know your market or the shop you deal with.

When they quote you a price ask for a discount, I am sure that if you are a loyal customer they will offer you between 15 -10%. If you are a great customer that is servicing multiple regs and tanks with them, buying lots of repair parts and other nic naks you might get a 20% discount.

But then you could always go with LP and get your tanks filled by them as well direct all your local condition dive question, gear questions, servicing and maintenance issues to LP as well.

Not to turn another thread into a LDS vs online reseller debate. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom