Dive Rite software for IQ-700 interface under vista

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazycons

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys,
I own a Tusa IQ-700 and I thought about buying an interface. Unfortunately I am using only computers with windows vista (32 -bit) which is obviously not supported by the TUSA software (btw I think it is absolutely unprofessional and not customer oriented just to refer to the newer computer instead of solving the problems like other manufacturers do). However, Dive Rite published a vista compatible software for the NitekTrio (NiTek Dive Log Vista: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - NiTek Trio). As the computer is almost identical in construction I would like to know if anyone tried the software in combination with the Tusa IQ-700 and if it works.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Constantin

I am wondering about the same thing, except with regard to the IQ-800. The new TUSA software for Vista doesn't work for me, thus far: It generates only an error message, "Component not correctly registered."

I have the DiveRite Duo, not Trio but I understand the interface is the same. After trying all of the download software from Zeagle, DiveRite, Tusa, I found the Apex to work the best. Easy to use, prints out full page, allows for anotation, for short it works. You can get it off the Aqualung website which is part of Apex or vice versa.

I have the DiveRite Duo, not Trio but I understand the interface is the same. After trying all of the download software from Zeagle, DiveRite, Tusa, I found the Apex to work the best. Easy to use, prints out full page, allows for anotation, for short it works. You can get it off the Aqualung website which is part of Apex or vice versa.

What we, or I, am looking for is software that will run under Windows Vista (64 bit), and Windows 7 perhaps (which comes out early October '09), and will allow me to use a device that TUSA sold to me and which is necessary to get me date from their IQ-800 DC SAPIENCE, shown here:

IQ_800.jpg

Tabata USA, Inc. : IQ-800 DC SAPIENCE [IQ-800]

As TUSA advertised when I bought this computer, and still does on its website,
# PC download function*: Can transfer log, profile and history information to a PC
# *PC interface unit IQ-800PC is necessary, sold separately

So, I bought and need to use this interface device, that connects via a USB port:

IQ_800PC.jpg

Tabata USA, Inc. : IQ-800 DC SAPIENCE PC SOFTWARE [IQ-800PC]

The TUSA software would import data from these devices, and that is what we TUSA owners, who are running Vista 64 bit, need. Unfortunately, TUSA has not provided software that allows these devices to function, at all, with Windows Vista 64 bit. When we download and install their software, and click on the divelogbook icon, we get an error message, "Component not correctly registered."

They offer only this software for the 700, 800, and 850:
IQ-700, 800, 850 PC Software - DiveLogbook
TUSA DiveLogbook Software - Windows 2000/XP (.zip file, 36mb)
TUSA DiveLogbook Software 1.11 - Vista (.zip file, 36mb)

PC Software Download and User Manuals : Tabata USA, Inc. | TUSA | VIEW | Reef Tourer | SEA&SEA | SEA HORNET

It doesn't work in Vista 64 bit. They also have have Vista 64 bit drivers on that page, but for the 900 only.

:depressed:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom