Dive Rite RG3 ? feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have three of them. Air comes out when needed. I have never had a freeflow with them.

is there any better deal on them out there in intraweb land?
I doubt it...
Manufactured exclusively for Dive Gear Express the RG3 package...

Dive with them for the last year or so, no issues.

On a separate note, anyone know how to remove the purge cover?

The RG3 looks to be the same as the original RG-3100. Re-named when Dive Gear Express started selling the old version of the Dive Rite regulators as their own house brand.

I have a couple of RG-3100 regulators and like them very much.

I also have Scuba Pro Mk25/G250v regs, as well as the Halcyon version of the Mk 17.

I find them all to be pretty damn close in how they "feel" when I'm diving them.

Also...the purge cover is removed by grabbing the metal ring, and rotating it counter-clockwise. then you can pull the purge cover off.

Reactions: hui
FWIW the Halcyon regs are Scubapro's.... They licensed the design from SB and Tabata Japan is making them, identical to the Tusas because Tusa makes them....
ODS makes the Dive Rite regs, so they're going to perform about as well as all of the other ODS regs out there, HOG etc. They're as cheap as they are because DGX bought a bunch, Dive Rite discontinued them, and they want them to go away, so they liquidate them at crazy prices. Nothing wrong with them, just the XT's are out, and have to make room.

Also FWIW, DGX did the same with the Hollis DG03 computers.

I had some of those regs for a while, but didn't like the 2nd stages at all...swapped for some Dive Rite XT2s, which I think are a lot better and still a good value at $150 each.

I used to have a number of the RG-3100's (same thing as the RG3) and had no issues with them. As I understand, when Dive Rite came out with their newest regulator they discontinued the RG-3100's. Dive Gear Express then brought them back into their DGX line. Great regs and great service from Dive Gear Express. The only reason I sold mine was because I was consolidating my regs to one brand and I had less Dive Rites than the other brand.

Back
Top Bottom