Dive Rite Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
not sure... but if you're going to buy the DR's, buy the Sea Elite Teks instead...
they are made at the same factory, exactly the same reg, but a lot cheaper.

i have one at the moment and can't complain

you will have to get it upgraded to cold diving, though. not an issue for me
here in Florida.

http://www.scubaduba.com/divers-supply/sea-elite-tech-evo-regulator.htm

You don't see many mentions of Sea Elite here (or on any board).....
I think most people are "afraid" to mention them.

I used one for years and thought it was a great regulator.
Though it does get a lot of bad-mouthing which I think starts at local dive shops that were competing with mail order at the time...

mike_s:
You don't see many mentions of Sea Elite here (or on any board).....
I think most people are "afraid" to mention them.

nod... but the things are made at the same factory as the Dive Rite ones, using
the exact same parts... and are a whole lot cheaper...

i just couldn't say no :wink:

i've had no troubles with mine. breathes well down to 100+ feet and also upside
down. nice warm-water reg.

Dive Rite regulator service parts kits can be obtained from Dive Rite Express and the service manual can also be downloaded. Even if you don't intend on doing your own maintenance, if you are worried about the ability to get them serviced at a distant dive location. Carrying these items with you could probably get your regulator serviced by a local shop almost anywhere, and you would have the added security that you could be absolutely certain that the parts used were the correct parts for your exact regulator.

This being said, I have never needed an emergency reg rebuild. I have however needed to have my regulator adjusted, but this is a standard procedure and did not require a shop that specialized in my brand. In my case my US Divers regulator was adjusted at a shop that only sold ScubaPro regulators.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:
Dive Rite regulator service parts kits can be obtained from Dive Rite Express and the service manual can also be downloaded. Even if you don't intend on doing your own maintenance, if you are worried about the ability to get them serviced at a distant dive location. Carrying these items with you could probably get your regulator serviced by a local shop almost anywhere, and you would have the added security that you could be absolutely certain that the parts used were the correct parts for your exact regulator.

This being said, I have never needed an emergency reg rebuild. I have however needed to have my regulator adjusted, but this is a standard procedure and did not require a shop that specialized in my brand. In my case my US Divers regulator was adjusted at a shop that only sold ScubaPro regulators.

Mark Vlahos

WOW.... Those instructions look hard....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom