Dive Rite Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r00t0fallevil

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone dive with Dive Rite RG2010 and RG1207?

How do they compare to a Scubapro MK25/600 or Apeks ATX200?

Thanks.

not sure... but if you're going to buy the DR's, buy the Sea Elite Teks instead...
they are made at the same factory, exactly the same reg, but a lot cheaper.

i have one at the moment and can't complain

you will have to get it upgraded to cold diving, though. not an issue for me
here in Florida.

http://www.scubaduba.com/divers-supply/sea-elite-tech-evo-regulator.htm

The Dive Rites breathe just as well, are cheaper, and they are easy to find parts for.

Peter

r00t0fallevil:
Anyone dive with Dive Rite RG2010 and RG1207?

How do they compare to a Scubapro MK25/600 or Apeks ATX200?

Thanks.

If you don't do all your own service, research where you can get them serviced. I had a Zeagle reg set that I really liked, and ended up selling 'em when I moved from CA to CO because I couldn't get 'em serviced. Now I've got ScubaPro.

If you travel with 'em, and something happens, will you be able to get parts/service? Or will you be able (and willing) to rent in that case?

Just something to consider. I think I personally will always stick with ScubaPro and US Divers, just because of parts/service availability.

3dent:
If you don't do all your own service, research where you can get them serviced. I had a Zeagle reg set that I really liked, and ended up selling 'em when I moved from CA to CO because I couldn't get 'em serviced. Now I've got ScubaPro.

If you travel with 'em, and something happens, will you be able to get parts/service? Or will you be able (and willing) to rent in that case?

Just something to consider. I think I personally will always stick with ScubaPro and US Divers, just because of parts/service availability.

Thanks for the reply.

I think you are right. The support aspect of the REG is important. I didn't think about the support much in my quest. So Scubapro has a very robust support network then?

r00t0fallevil:
Thanks for the reply.

I think you are right. The support aspect of the REG is important. I didn't think about the support much in my quest. So Scubapro has a very robust support network then?

You could get a lot of opinions on this, and I am not an expert, but I don't think you would have trouble getting service on ScubaPro or US Divers practically anywhere in the world.

FWIW, the problem I had with Zeagle may have changed. I bought mine from an LDS in CA, then moved to CO. About that time Zeagle started selling dive gear through a discount sporting goods chain, so the LDSs quit carrying/servicing them. The sporting goods chain has since gone under, so this may no longer be an issue.

However, in my limited experience, USD and ScubaPro are probably the safest bets for availability of service.

Do some research, if you like. If a manufacturer's web site doesn't show authorized service centers, call 'em up and ask 'em.

3dent:
However, in my limited experience, USD and ScubaPro are probably the safest bets for availability of service.

Don't forget Sherwood...seems as if 75% of all rental gear inside and outside of the US is Sherwood. I've always call Scubapro, USD, and Sherwood "The Big Three" can't go wrong with either of them as far as getting them serviced.

Actually, Sherwoods aren't very popular in Europe (At least in Germany) and you'll have trouble servicing it in most European countries.
Scubapro, Aqualung and Mares are the most popular and you'll be able to service these regs all over the world.

My stage bottle regs are identical Dive Rites. A couple of dive buddies have nothing but DR regs on their tech rigs. I stick by my Aqualung Legend LX's on my backgas though. I still believe in dancing with the lady that I brought to the party. They haven't failed me yet.

I don't know about anyone else but Germany is at the top of my diving vacation list. I can only see a disadvantage if you are planning to dive the Mediterranean Sea.

Mares is about as easy to service in the US as Sherwood is in Europe, and Dive Right is easier to service in the US than Mares. Hopefully HTM will do a better job in the future for it's US customers.

Back
Top Bottom