Dive Rite Pee Valve Leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxguru

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi folks,

I just installed a Dive Rite pee valve in my drysuit, and I'm having a problem with it.

When I leave it unconnected with the hose tied off to my dry suit suspenders, I get a leak when I'm horizontal, or if I get the valve higher than the end of the hose.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the end of the hose supposed to be capped in some way when the it's not connected?

Thanks,
max

Hi folks,

I just installed a Dive Rite pee valve in my drysuit, and I'm having a problem with it.

When I leave it unconnected with the hose tied off to my dry suit suspenders, I get a leak when I'm horizontal, or if I get the valve higher than the end of the hose.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the end of the hose supposed to be capped in some way when the it's not connected?

Thanks,
max

Is it unbalanced? I thought with unbalanced p-valves it's pretty much a hole in your suit with a tube on the end and the water can go in and out so it would need to be capped underwater or closed (if not connected).

Where as with balanced valves they won't let in any water even if they are open. Mine doesn't anyway, even if it is not connected.

But I don't have an unbalanced valve so maybe I'm wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom