Dive Rite LED 700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I went with the corded DR LED500 from caveadventurers, hard to go past that price

Did three night dives on the USAT Liberty in Tulamben - awesome dive site!

But, I had a problem with the light, chewed the batteries in a little over an hour, by the end of the second 50 minute dive it was barely putting out any light. Changed to a new set of duracell alkaline batteries, same thing. No drama, just switched to my backup

Contacted CA, who in turn contacted DR. Apprently they've had some problems with hungry modules. I'm returning it, they're going to upgrade it to the 700 lumen module for $90 (usually $150) to make up for the postage/inconvenience

Sounds pretty fair to me

The performance of the light - when it was working properly - was pretty good, although as has been commented by other posters, it has a wider angle than an equivalent HID light and therefore doesn't 'cut' through lower viz water as well

But overall I'm happy with it, especially for the price - good travel light, or if I get a 'proper' can light later, I'll de-cord it and use it as a backup

I had the same issue with the one I got from CA. After about 25 minutes it would flicker between high and low power. Glad to hear that the guys at CA are treating you fairly, mine has been sent off to DR for a warranty repair.

Hmm well so far I have not received an R/A# from CA as promised, in fact I've had no reply to the last two e-mails I sent them, so today I contacted DR. Will post the outcome

I'd be interested to hear how your experience works out also. I'll reserve judgement at this point in time

I only had the 500. It was not bad but I was shocked that the little Intova 4.7 LED was significantly brighter (and tighter). That's a $49 light.

Did yours fade as well, or was it like that all the time?

Minor update: I got the RA# and will return it for the upgrade next week. Will probably be a month or two before I get a chance to check the results on a dive and post again

I only had the 500. It was not bad but I was shocked that the little Intova 4.7 LED was significantly brighter (and tighter). That's a $49 light.

I have the Intova lights and a LED500 kit light. No ways is the Intova in the same class as the LED500. Not to say that the little Intova is a bad light, not at all, I enjoy them greatly but the LED500 is much brighter and covers much more area.

N

I just got my LED500 back from DR, and the flickering issue has been corrected. I tested the light in the bathtub and no noticeable drop in light intensity over an hour According to DR the LED module was faulty. Thanks to the DR crew for great service once again!

Back
Top Bottom