Dive Rite fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoJu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all.
I Picked up some Dive Rite fins a little while ago and I am pleased with their performance. I'm wondering though about the durability of these things.
Seems to me they may not last too long because of the materiel they are made of.
If anyone can give me an idea on how long they may hold up to say 5-10 dives per month, mainly shore entry, that'd be cool.
Thanks.

So like who makes Dive Rite fins? I would like to compare with what I use USDivers Proflex full foot. I also mainly shore entry. Snorkel only though.

GoJu:
Hi all.
I Picked up some Dive Rite fins a little while ago and I am pleased with their performance. I'm wondering though about the durability of these things.
Seems to me they may not last too long because of the materiel they are made of.
If anyone can give me an idea on how long they may hold up to say 5-10 dives per month, mainly shore entry, that'd be cool.
Thanks.

The fins (if they are the ones advertised on their site) were originally Apollo Bio Fins. I've used them on/off for the last six years. Tough, a little stiff and sometimes a tad awkward as compared to standard Jets, or Mares Quattro. As to shore entry - I tend to walk in to where I can stand up and then put them on. This ensures some fin longevity. Barnacles and sharp rocks are fin killers - even with Jets. Of course, I have spring straps vs. standard buckles to make my life easier.

Mr.X:
The fins (if they are the ones advertised on their site) were originally Apollo Bio Fins.

Actually, the Dive Rite fins (ES300) were originally made by Apollo and sold under the name Apollo Prestige. The Bio-fins are split fins.

Vie:
Actually, the Dive Rite fins (ES300) were originally made by Apollo and sold under the name Apollo Prestige. The Bio-fins are split fins.

The Apollo Prestige fin molds were sold to Lamar Hires @ DIVE RITE when Apollo introduced the bio-fin series. Apollo used polyurethane to produce the Prestige fin.
DIVE RITE uses another compound called Monoprene.

Vie:

I appreciate the correction. I was too lazy to have a look at them in my dive locker. Now considering the different polymers being used ... I will have to retract my first recommendation. Grrrhhh. I wonder how monoprene behaves over time. The Apollo compound is one tough mother. X

ive had a set of diverite that i retired early. they are good fins but they get battered pretty easily. my pair wsa falling to pieces at 4 months mainly at the top of the blades. tarded em for some jets and the rest is history:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom