Dive Rite Express

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjongene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I recently ordered some gear online from Dive Rite Express. I received an automated E-mail response, and then nothing for 10 days. I then sent them another E-mail, asking them to confirm that they were handling my order. This was 10 days ago, and I haven't heard a peep back from them.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with them? Are they going out of business? I am ready to cancel my order and go elsewhere.

Hmmm...I ordered from them in July. Within a week the merchandise arrived at my daughter's house in the U.S. I was very satisfied with their service. Have you tried phoning them?

I hope this is a simple mistake and that they remain in business because there are a few more items I want. Let us know what happens!

Phil

vjongene:
I recently ordered some gear online from Dive Rite Express. I received an automated E-mail response, and then nothing for 10 days. I then sent them another E-mail, asking them to confirm that they were handling my order. This was 10 days ago, and I haven't heard a peep back from them.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with them? Are they going out of business? I am ready to cancel my order and go elsewhere.

I get my fills at FillExpress. Here in South Florida we just got hit with Hurricane Frances, and Ivan was on the way till this morning. My wife and I went without power for over 2 days and had no internet connectivity for even longer. I took time off from work to get ready before hand and to clean up afterward. I'd say give them a break.

I would call.
Dive Rite is out of Lake City, Florida
All of Florida is still in Chaos from Charley and Francis.....
and we go Ivan on the way.
Probably was just bad timing.
-Mike

I was just going to say same that , with two Hurricane and now the third on its way , I would assume that has allot to do with it, have you tried to call them most of the time when I order from them .I have my stuff less than a week later !!!!!!!

I have purchased from them several times and never had a problem. I have been in the store as well, quality operation. It is possible that your purchase was lost in shipping or perhaps as indicated above the hurricanes have been involved, they are located in southern Florida on the Atlantic side. I would try giving them a phone call, but it could be expensive from Switzerland so an email might be better.

Mark Vlahos

I am certain that the hurricanes are to blame. I've made a number of purchases through them and have found the operation to be top notch.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

About a month ago I ordered some things from DiveRite Express and am very happy with their service. As others have mentioned, I'll bet the hurricanes have a lot to do with their service at the moment. Give 'em a call, they seem to be good people.

Good luck,

Randy

vjongene:

After reading this thread I was going to swing by them today but realized it's Sunday and they aren't open.

I wouldn't be too concerned. As noted above, we've been hit by one hurricane, and have been threatened by the second. I also know that part of Pompano Beach didn't have power for a couple of days after Frances went through.

Give it another day or two. Mark is a real upstanding guy and runs a great operation.

Marc

Thanks for the feedback. Of course I knew they were in Florida but didn't think about the hurricanes. Duh...

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can straighten this out. It's really not that expensive to call from Switzerland to the US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom