Dive Rite EX35 - Awesome?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H

How is your EX35 holding up? I just got one.
I got one start of last year, only got to use it a couple times. Finally got to take it into some caves this year and it's amazing. It's so damn bright that when I'm leading the dives I couldn't see my buddy's Halcyon Focus 2.0. When not leading I ran in 75% or 50% otherwise too bright.

EX35 Primary Canister Light | Dive Rite

it looks that XHP35 HP in that light is at least equal or more to XHP70 :rofl3:

PS: HP is ''high power'' in way that is domeless and have narrower output angle . It can make tighter beam because of 15 deg lower output angle , but lens would uses that more efficient.
But 6 deg output it is very optimistic. ( XML with smaller led die have normal output arround deg 10+ ; than quad led die XHP with 1 mm more in x,y )

XHP Family of LEDs

''The red anodized aluminum head efficiently removes heat allowing the Cree XHP35 HI LED to be driven at 35 watts while increasing service life and output.''

Good point because data sheet limited led with 13W :yeahbaby: that mean pure D.I.R.

Light is cooled in water and there we have CONDUCTION heat transfer means that these ribs have minimal effect on cooling but the main act on cooling have inside construction and metals.
Different is on the air where we have convection and ribs have meaning.

-------------------------------------------------------------

When the metal gets hot, having extra surface area that is cooled by water touching it, much like heat to air transfer, but obviously water is a much better insulator than air. I can clarify that the light head becomes very hot out of the water but has next to no heat in water.

When the metal gets hot, having extra surface area that is cooled by water touching it, much like heat to air transfer, but obviously water is a much better insulator than air. I can clarify that the light head becomes very hot out of the water but has next to no heat in water.

Ehmmmmm ...........:yeahbaby:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom