Dive Rite Classic Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jan

Reaction score
Hi All
I am considering buying a Dive Rite Classic wing w/55# of lift . I would welcome any comments from anyone who have used them
pro or con before I make my purchase
Thank you
Jan

Are you going to dive doubles? if not you should consider the Rec wings which lift is 51 lbs but they're suitable for use with singles and doubles.

I have the Rec wings in my Transpac and am quite satisfied either with single and doubles use

Sue

It depends on if you are diving singles or doubles and what size. Give us an idea on what you are diving and maybe we can suggest something then. :)

Originally posted by erwin.kodiat
I'm interested too, in buying Dive Rite product especially the one that capable to use for single & double. TransPac can be used both way?
The Transpac II itself is easily switched between singles and doubles; the Rec wing is probably the best choice for a single bladder for both - but if you can afford two wings, I recommend the travel wing for singles, and the Rec or Classic wing for doubles. That is a personal preference based on the kind of diving I do.
Any "classic style" wing - by this I mean any wing that has a "U" shape where air can only move side-to-side near the tank valves, is very sensitive to body position when using a single tank, and it's easy to get unbalanced lateral buoyancy that requires you to get "head up" to correct. The travel wing is "O" shaped and can shunt air from side to side at any pitch angle, making it far easier to keep lateral balance.
Rick

Thanks Ric, yesterday I dove Gili Selang, Bali and had an opportunity to "test drive" a TransPac with single. It's a little bit different feels with ordinary jacket BC, like the one I have now, Scuba Pro Classic. It tends to make me faced down, so I had to put all my weight on my back. When I use my ScubaPro, I have to put more in front of my waist. It's not easy to be in "stand up" position, since it tends to make me faced down. But I feel that the wings has more uplifting force rather than usual jacket. I use 3 kgs weight with short exposure suit and I have to inflate my BC about half size to make my body 1 meter above the surface, but with this wing, I only inflate no more than 1/4. The buoyancy control, of course, a little bit different, since it's not easy to maintain the body in balance position.
That's my first experience with TransPac.

Erwin Kodiat

Yes i have the diverite classic wing

I never had a problem with mine. I liked it alot. However, I just got the halcyon wing and it is clearly better made and uses better materials.

Andy

I have the Rec Wing and I do not like it at all. For my body, 5'10" 160lbs normal built, the balance is way off. I can not stay horizonal at all. My legs tend to be weighted down when I use that BC.

Originally posted by amadeus00
I have the Rec Wing and I do not like it at all. For my body, 5'10" 160lbs normal built, the balance is way off. I can not stay horizonal at all. My legs tend to be weighted down when I use that BC.

David,

Re:Transpac II with recwings
My trim was like this too, with an Aluminum 80. Then I dived it with a Steel HP100. I trimmed out perfectly horizontal!

I'm 5'10" 175lbs

Hope this helps,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom