Dive Right banner issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone is still having this issue go to settings>safari>clear history and website data
It was fixed for me a couple of days ago and is now back.

Howard should pull his code.

As the guy who made the banner.... I tested it on an iPhone 8 on iOS 11.0 using Safari and aside from the fact that the SB Ad Server doesn't support HTML5 banners that are responsive, since they have to be iframed in... The banner works properly.

View attachment 434971

Clicking on it takes me here ->

View attachment 434972

With that said, the black Friday deals are here Black Friday Scuba Gear Sale - Dive Right in Scuba if you are unable to click on the banner... but as a developer, it's impossible to ensure that every single person will have an issue free experience, depending on what apps and plugins you may have on your system.
The problem is a lot of people are having issues with the DRIS ads. There is another thread concerning another issue with a DRIS popup. Having to disable JavaScript or to clear browsing history is a lame solution to accommodate someone's buggy advertising campaign. This is a bad time of the year to be ticking off one's potential customers.

I've moved the banner source to a different server (that does not have caching rules set up for content expiration), and created a new banner "slot" on ScubaBoard... If the issue persists, I'll have to remove the banner.

I've tested this on iPhone 5, 6, and iPhone X (as it seems as though the only devices with problems were iphones) as well as other browsers, and see no issues.

Last edited:
The problem is a lot of people are having issues with the DRIS ads. There is another thread concerning another issue with a DRIS popup. Having to disable JavaScript or to clear browsing history is a lame solution to accommodate someone's buggy advertising campaign. This is a bad time of the year to be ticking off one's potential customers.
The only way to know if it’s fixed is to test it, and testing in just one device is not going to cut it...more the merrier! Besides I’d put $$ on the issue being in iOS, hopefully Howard found a work around so the end users don’t have to. It’s all how tech works, sometimes it works beautifully for end users and sometimes it doesn’t, and it’s almost always a nightmare for the developers.

Back
Top Bottom